Looking for a small SS power amp as pedal platform

sefloval

Thinking about picking up a small portable solid state power amp to run pedals at home and put in my gear bag when I play out for a backup. Was looking at the Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170, Quilter 101 mini/Inter Block 45 or anything else I've missed? I'll be running it through my Marshall Vintage Modern 4X12 or Avatar 2X12 with a K-85/V30 using a Pedealtrain Nano+ with dirt/OD pedals, reverb, delay.
looking for good clean headroom, sounds full and can keep up with a band when needed through a 4X12 cab. I had a Crate Power Block at one point and should have just kept that.
What have you tried and liked for a small clean pedal platform?

Electro Harmonix Magnum 44 power amp pedal. You would still need a guitar preamp to run in front of it. The Demeter TGA-1-180D is something that I would buy for myself, if I went with this type of set up.

Guitar George

Hamer95USA":3k19j5zq said:
Electro Harmonix Magnum 44 power amp pedal. You would still need a guitar preamp to run in front of it. The Demeter TGA-1-180D is something that I would buy for myself, if I went this type of set up.

Guitar George
:thumbsup:

From my personal experience, Quilter is pretty good and so is the Powerstage.
Powerstage has Treb, Mid, Bass controls...which is helpful for tone shaping. Yet only has a singular speaker out.
Quilter (mine is the ProBlock 200) has tone shaping options, effects loop, and 2 speaker outs.

Really depends on your specific needs. Both are great, different but great.
Have fun

A certain amp builder told me about the Mooer Baby Bomb. I have not tried but I heard the baby bomb is better than the EH... I was asking about something for a small w/d/w setup..Also I just saw that Bluguitar Amp 1 Ola was talking about today...looks like its a 3/4 channel amp but impressive looking...

Thinking about picking up a small portable solid state power amp to run pedals at home and put in my gear bag when I play out for a backup. Was looking at the Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170, Quilter 101 mini/Inter Block 45 or anything else I've missed? I'll be running it through my Marshall Vintage Modern 4X12 or Avatar 2X12 with a K-85/V30 using a Pedealtrain Nano+ with dirt/OD pedals, reverb, delay.
looking for good clean headroom, sounds full and can keep up with a band when needed through a 4X12 cab. I had a Crate Power Block at one point and should have just kept that.
What have you tried and liked for a small clean pedal platform?
Yup .... The Power Blocks were way ahead of their time .
20220614_170350.jpg

And are good enough to be a primary amp, depending on what you pump into it .

necro thread...

Catalyst 100 is my go to for pedal platform. I use my HX Effects in 4CM, and MIDI to use the HX Effects to change amp channels and turn the amp boost on/off. Works great, sounds great, compact versatile rig

I'd think the BluGuitar Amp1 would be a great option for a pedalboard amp. Looking forward to the AmpX release later this year. On of my fav YT guitar channels uses an Amp1 live with his band, Euge Valovirta and he goes into an informative rig review.

I've used the Magnum 44 , Quilter 101 Reverb and the Powerstage 200. All three worked good but I found they worked best with a pedal designed as a preamp like something from AMT. Stuff like the BE Overdrive , SLO pedal and Plexitone all sounded dark and muffled . The best bang for the buck was the Magnum 44 . With an AMT S1 that was a killer tone and plenty loud . I picked up the Blackstar Amp 1 recently to use with the Soldano SLO pedal and it sounds fantastic . The Amp 1 can be used as a power amp or preamp and its in the price range of the Quilter and Powerstage

I have an EHX Magnum. It’s cool. Crazy loud for the size. I also had a Quilter 101 that I A/B compared with a Pro Reverb that I owned at the time, and it got crazy close.

I've used the Magnum 44 , Quilter 101 Reverb and the Powerstage 200. All three worked good but I found they worked best with a pedal designed as a preamp like something from AMT. Stuff like the BE Overdrive , SLO pedal and Plexitone all sounded dark and muffled . The best bang for the buck was the Magnum 44 . With an AMT S1 that was a killer tone and plenty loud . I picked up the Blackstar Amp 1 recently to use with the Soldano SLO pedal and it sounds fantastic . The Amp 1 can be used as a power amp or preamp and its in the price range of the Quilter and Powerstage
This seems like a great combo, the SLO pedal and that EHX Magnum 44

This seems like a great combo, the SLO pedal and that EHX Magnum 44
I never tried the SLO pedal with the magnum 44. I tried the SLO pedal with a power amp and into preamp and it works much better going into a preamp . With that said though it might work with the magnum 44 with the 44 in the bright setting

Back