Joe Rogan guest on tube amps

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
It was nice to hear Eric Weinstein describe why John Mayer would prefer old tubes over the latest modeler . A cool thing to hear during a lecture on technology and its evolution not always winning .It was was cool to hear a mad scientist know this lol

This was quite a while back right? Seems like I remember watching an episode with Eric where he mentioned tube amps

This was quite a while back right? Seems like I remember watching an episode with Eric where he mentioned tube amps
It’s new today but maybe it’s a point he loves . It was out of know where in a deep though

I used an Eleven Rack, until I pulled out my ancient Digitech 2112 SGS .
The two 12ax7 tubes made the 2112 much better sounding than the Eleven Rack.

I don't care, but I can feel the difference in dynamics of tubes, from analog or Modelers.
Tubes sound more natural in its Harmonic cadences.

Last edited:
My archon through my captor still sounds waaaay better than any archon profile I’ve ever played though.

Remember the early Line6 stuff?!!🤣🤣🤣

I thought the 1st gen Flextone combo was actually pretty good (on a couple settings)
It quickly got out of hand with every Tom, Dick, & Harry putting out (full 20/20 hindsight) dog turds.

Like this...
images

I love my tube amps but play digital live out of pure convenience. So much easier for us lazy guys. I’m don’t miss setting up a stack

I thought the 1st gen Flextone combo was actually pretty good (on a couple settings)
It quickly got out of hand with every Tom, Dick, & Harry putting out (full 20/20 hindsight) dog turds.

Like this...
images
Lol there's no way in hell Yngwie even plugged into one of these things!

Like this...
images

Supposedly Ron Jarzombek used the Johnson J Station for all the Blotted Science albums and I love those tones; very unique

I've never played one myself

Back