Anyone remember Axis Amps ?

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
I’ve never seen one even on reverb : this is from Guitar Player 1985 .
image.jpg

I'm gonna guess that if these were ever actually sold at all, they went out of business in the blink of an eye

I've always been completely fascinated with obscure gear and have never seen a single thing about these in my life before this thread haha

I'm gonna guess that if these were ever actually sold at all, they went out of business in the blink of an eye

I've always been completely fascinated with obscure gear and have never seen a single thing about these in my life before this thread haha
If anymore weird ones pop up I’ll post them . I been going through all the old guitar mags from 70s and 80s

I had a Pearce rack head.
Solid state and sounded REALLY good.

Bought it on EBay from a guy that said he got it from Holdsworth.

Honestly sounded very good as a low volume noodle amp while watching TV. No pedals needed except a bit of delay in the loop.

From my Reverb sale……

View attachment 168340
Hell ya . Very cool story too

Supposedly EVH used a Pierce preamp to record Beat It.

I remember that Axis give away !!! Do you have the BC Rich Ironbird give away ad ? I used to stare at that pic dreaming…

I know a guy that owns a studio that swears by his Pearce. He's a country player but he's had it forever.

Heck I even went through a phase were I was all about solid state. My first rack evolved from the Gallien Krueger 2000CPL and an ADA MP1. To the point the ADA modded by Todd was phased out lol. The GK was eventually replaced by a Langner preamp but the GK was a great sounding unit.

Back