IK TONEX - Game Changer?

It's funny to see everyone on the Kemper forums going apeshit crazy bashing this pedal.
I'm a Kemper owner but fail to see why anyone gets tunnel visioned blackout and some strange sense of uber dedication to a piece of hardware. Open your mind, dumbasses.

I've been playing the Tonex software since late Nov and my actual pedal is one the way. Pain in the ass software but it sounds glorious and I can't see how anyone could say otherwise :geek:

For the price the Tone-X seems interesting. I'm more interested in the BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury, but it's twice the price of the Tone-X with less flexibility but I think it sounds very good. The AmpX is due out early 2024, and I watched a vid where Blug stated his target price for the AmpX is $2000...so I'll see if used Amp1's hit the market if people dump them to get the AmpX.

I gave the Tonex software a try about a week ago and wasn’t hugely impressed. They sounded like slightly better amplitube models to me on first listen. I think the real value of this is modeling your own gear to take with you in one pedal. But it’s still not going to be the same.

The AmpX is due out early 2024
Where did you read this?

I asked because I have been waiting 2 years already to get the AmpX, when it was originally slated for 2021/2022 release at about $1600. Now it's at least another year and at $2000? Since I already have the Iridium, I may just have to stick with that and my HXFX just for delay. I really just wanted the AmpX because it was going to be my all in one solution, and I was willing to pay for the price of two Iridiums, just so I can have a tuner and delay built in. (I'm a hardcore minimalist, so I only wanted ONE cable going from the Amp to the cab).

But now if what you're saying is true, my dream will be crushed and cannot justify spending the extra $ and waiting the extra time..

Last edited:
@rsm well, there it is. There's plenty of gear I didn't buy though I wanted to...because I though that AmpX release was just around the corner, and now it's a whole year away still! With a higher price!

I gave the Tonex software a try about a week ago and wasn’t hugely impressed. They sounded like slightly better amplitube models to me on first listen. I think the real value of this is modeling your own gear to take with you in one pedal. But it’s still not going to be the same.
Did you audition the IKM included models or did you browse around Tonenet? I don't like many of the high gain IKM ones, that's for sure!

Google made me arrive here after i googled for Youtube shilling on Tone X. It is a game changer on dishonesty, i do speak three languages and i was bombarded by paid revirews / fairy tales about Tone X in three different languages. The script of the videos is about the same and mentioning Kemper and Quad Cortex is mandatory no matter what part of the world and language the video comes from, it is to make the algorithm associate those keywords.

Whoever is saying Tone X is any good is blatantly lying or do not have any real tube amplifier to compare, maybe do not even have something forgotten and inexpensive as the Bias FX 2 which does very accurate profiles.

@Banned by IK Multmedia you must be new here.

j/k

I'll say a few experienced, respected, well-known members have a different opinion. It may help to support your opinion to provide more details on what specific issues / problems / areas you think are not working well.

A lot of people get ToneX and X-Men confused. It was bound to happen.

Yes, many Youtubers confuse that by the time they are paid for it. By consequence many life-inexperienced young and old musicians make the same confusion and by then their wallets are empty and there is nothing they can do other than praising the product in hopes of being able to sell it in the used market.

Last edited:
Yes, many Youtubers confuse that by the time they are paid for it. By consequence many life-inexperienced young musicians make the same confusion and by then their wallets are empty and there is nothing they can do other than praising the product in hopes of being able to sell it in the used market.
There is very few young musicians on this forum. Everyone here is like 50 or 60.
YouTube is for idiots.

I've yet to try the software but so far this is a fantastic value and one of my smarter purchases. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I went through headphones for the first few hours and the next time ran through a mixer in stereo channel 5/6 with hz engaged then out to monitors. Superb.

Just going through factory presets and make a few adjustments. Find what you like, add a little reverb, compression... Melt your own face off.

@rsm well, there it is. There's plenty of gear I didn't buy though I wanted to...because I though that AmpX release was just around the corner, and now it's a whole year away still! With a higher price!

To be fair that video was uploaded 8 months ago; the development could be further along at this point than they expected

Back