New Metallica: If Darkness Had a Son (Official Music Video)

I thought Lars's main "songwriting" job was to sift through the stock riffs and find the good ones. I actually like some of their recent stuff and don't bash., but this is a riff salad of boring riffs. I can't believe they promoted this to be a single release with video

Has one cool riff: 1:35 and 2:50 is badass. I was laughing at the 80s gallup before that. Yeah. This song is pretty embarrassing. The lyrics are not great. Aside from that one riff, it is almost like someone made a song to make fun of recent metallica.

Also, just watched the screaming suicide metallica video. for the first 50 seconds before he sings, looks like he is having a hell of a bad time on the toilet

Eterna is the only one of the 3 released that i remotely like. Suicide shithut and if darkness was dumb, are not even songs to me. I didnt finish, it is too frustrating to think they listened to final mixes and this passes.

I didn't mind the solo....reminded me of the tone on ...And Justice. But other than that....nothing much. Didn't need to be 7:00 long either.

Also, just watched the screaming suicide metallica video. for the first 50 seconds before he sings, looks like he is having a hell of a bad time on the toilet
No wonder!

3929EAE0-AE9C-4E03-A75C-4E4A5F52653E.jpeg

I like the Suicide tune ok. Not sure if I ever need to hear it again though
During the verses, the guitars sound like they are alternate picking? If down picking it's purposely not so fierce

It was alright, the main little riff was cool. The chorus had a nice hook that reminded me a little of Ghost. But mostly unremarkable.

I got somethin‘ to say….already been posted today…
this song doesn’t matter much to me….
…And metallica is dead
I was going to exercise restraint of pen & tongue
here but I put that aside for smidge,
-Dude, seriously, these song titles…
I won’t listen to it because I know they’ll just
start playing a sorta’ hammer-on stock riff
littered with splattershot lyrics.
Tough TITTIES.

Trying not to make this as Metallica bashing, but I'm not digging their latest releases as finished songs. They seem to have the potential to be epic hard core songs; they just feel like first drafts that are a decent starting point and need more work

I have say say, I really did not like this one upon first few listens (I liked Lux Aeterna right out of the gate). But, it's starting to grow on me a bit, parts of it are actually pretty catchy. I'm still hoping for a decent album.

I hate typing, "yawn" just to get a post in this thread, but like...this shit sucks. The intro is repetitive, the verse comes out of nowhere and Lars realizes his toms are a thing. The snare hits to correlate with the guitar riff - is it 1998?
I made it about 6 seconds into the chorus before turning this shit off.

Back