Kiss

By the way, this was me at my wedding reception on Halloween a year and a half ago, lol
20211031_101912.jpg

Didn't watch the full videos but I figured they were playing along to tracks based on the way Paul and Eric did the count in.

Detroit Rock City... second verse at 2:34... "I just can't wait..."

Hmm:unsure:

Didn't watch the full videos but I figured they were playing along to tracks based on the way Paul and Eric did the count in.

Detroit Rock City... second verse at 2:34... "I just can't wait..."

Hmm:unsure:
Yep. Saw that. I still want to know exactly what they're doing. It's like it's a track but it's not.

Almost like a doubling or auto tune effect and at times you see the latency - Pauls real voice but being supported. I just don't know how you would do that with just tracks because he does ad lib here and there. Maybe someone can chime in.

I'm glad they're ending it finally. Tough to see your favorite band in slow motion now and at one time, a guy with one of the most powerful voices in rock at the point he his.

I've seen Kiss so many times, lost count. My first show was the Love Gun tour, IMO still the watermark for all bands as that stage and show are legendary. However I absolutely love the Creatures Tour. Fans that didn't see that missed out because musically, they were smoking with Carr and Vincent. And Paul and Gene attacked the stage like I've never seen them before...like they're careers depended on it because it was obviously all on the line. Never heard Paul Stanley sound better than on that tour.

I actually refused to see them once they continued without Ace/Pete (not that I care all that much about them) after the Farewell Tour concluded. To me as a huge fan, you said bye I said bye let's move lol. However I finally caved and took my son to this tour back when it first started in 2019. It was a great moment for him to see a legit rock show. And priceless for me to see him enjoying himself.

Last edited:
Took my son to this tour back when it first started in 2019. It was a great moment for him to see a legit rock show. And priceless for me to see him enjoying himself.

Did the same with my boy with System of a Down. Think he was 14-15 at the time.
Was a great father/son deal for sure.

I don't expect the Kiss of the '70s, '80s, '90s. I just enjoy they're still doing it. I cut them some slack and manage my expectations. Lots of old bands are doing much worse, some better, but I don't expect any of them to be at the same level they once were.

Like Paul said in one of the videos, "I'm 70 years old, if you want to hear Kiss Alive, listen to that."

Huge fan until they jumped the shark during their disco years and went no makeup.
interesting fact:
i learned how to tap with my pick on my first instrument-ukulele-after listening to ace’s solo on “shock me” on Kiss Alive II. i bought that album hot off the presses in 77 from a record store called Strawberries on a family trip to Boston. i wasn’t playing electric gtr yet and vh two hand tapping technique had not been deployed in the world until 78.

i theorize that ace having heard eddie via the simmons demos may have pinched that tapping bit from evh and tried jumping the gun on ole ed.

I don't expect the Kiss of the '70s, '80s, '90s. I just enjoy they're still doing it. I cut them some slack and manage my expectations. Lots of old bands are doing much worse, some better, but I don't expect any of them to be at the same level they once were.

Like Paul said in one of the videos, "I'm 70 years old, if you want to hear Kiss Alive, listen to that."
Agreed.

And why even though I didn't attend any shows after the Farewell until a few years ago I still support them. If people want to pay for it, the band still enjoys what they're doing, all the power to them. But as a fan I'm glad there is an end in site. At their age it's not like the Stone strolling out there in their jeans.

Huge fan until they jumped the shark during their disco years and went no makeup.
interesting fact:
i learned how to tap with my pick on my first instrument-ukulele-after listening to ace’s solo on “shock me” on Kiss Alive II. i bought that album hot off the presses in 77 from a record store called Strawberries on a family trip to Boston. i wasn’t playing electric gtr yet and vh two hand tapping technique had not been deployed in the world until 78.

i theorize that ace having heard eddie via the simmons demos may have pinched that tapping bit from evh and tried jumping the gun on ole ed.
Yeah but Ace was doing the pick tap on the string thing in 75, a full year and a half before Simmons worked with VH. I think you can see him do it on the Midnight Special clips from 75.

It's funny at the time as a diehard, the disco thing didn't really bother me. We were just glad to get the new album. I even remember convincing myself that The Elder was good lol. Hard for me to listen to any of that stuff now.

That said, when Creatures dropped that was next level. The Kiss fans that were left were like oh shit. Still my favorite album of theirs and it's really the only one that I still listen to on a regular basis. I mean Steve Farris, Robben Ford taking solo's...it's good stuff.

interesting fact:

I enjoyed that period too, they got in early on the hair metal and did well. I thought they did well navigating the changing industry, and "I was made for lovin' you" is one of their highest charting songs.

There are some albums I like more than others, even the Elder sounds better today. I rarely listen to the solo albums, but CotN to Revenge have some of my favorite songs.

I mean first studio release 1974 - last studio release in 2012, that's a great run; and still filling arenas and stadiums worldwide today!

There are reasons for that longevity and success :yes:

Back