Rumors of a Mark 6/7 coming on Tuesday?

I been getting texts about this . I guess JP2C is part 6 from what gathered . So this is mark 7 , idk . Rumors

I don’t know, but I’ve had my JP2C for about a year and I feel like I’ve only recently gotten a handle on how to best use each of the channels and how it pairs up with my different guitars and cabs. I like the features and usability and tone of the JP2C a lot more than the MkV, so a Mk6/7 I just have trouble with imagining how it could appeal to me.

I wouldn’t want to lose the 2 assignable graphic eqs of the JP2C. For me that is absolutely necessary to realize the potential of the lead channels for rhythm and solo duties. I actually like the “shred mode” particularly for Channel 2, but it wouldn’t be a requirement because I can get something similar by boosting the amp.

I guess if I try to imagine a new Mark with things people seem to like from recent iterations as well as things people want that haven’t been done or pull from older models it would have:

*The 2 assignable GEQs

*Mk2C+, Mk3, Mk4 voicing modes on a lead channel with necessary controls to dial these in right. Can’t make it too fixed like on the JP2C which only works because it has two similar lead channels. Nobody will miss the MkV specific lead voicings.

*Clean and Crunch improvements pulled from recent amps like the Fillmore and Cali. Granted the MkV already focused a lot on Clean and Crunch tones but with mixed results IMO.

*Badlander style integrated load w/IRs. Not a huge selling point for those who already have other reactive load boxes but I think there’s no way they don’t put this on a new Mark since they were already doing the garbage “Cab Clone” before.

It seems like the media embargo on the Mark VII is lifting on Tuesday. I'd heard the same thing, that the JP2C is being considered essentially the VI.

It’s the Mark VII. Yes, you read that right: 7.

I know this because I just bought one from Sweetwater. They have four coming in: two white and two black. I bought the first black one. Price is $3699.

I don’t have any other info other on features specs, etc other than that they’re in stock at SW and mine is shipping express Monday.

It’s the Mark VII. Yes, you read that right: 7.

I know this because I just bought one from Sweetwater. They have four coming in: two white and two black. I bought the first black one. Price is $3699.

I don’t have any other info other on features specs, etc other than that they’re in stock at SW and mine is shipping express Monday.
Please report back ASAP when you get it in!

I actually kind of hoping it was a long head, with 4 channels (like a VH4) with channel cloning throughout. It's hard to imagine it having better options / tones that the JP2C...But who knows, could be amazing. Looking forward to more details.

Last edited:
Back