IK TONEX - Game Changer?

I picked one up today I don't like many of the stock profiles. There's a shit ton of profiles on tone.net, you have to sort through the popular ones. Getting in dialed in finally.
Yeah, I didn't really like any of the stock profiles, but I started profiling my own gear and it's incredibly accurate. Planning on doing it with a few more pieces and then selling them off. It'll be nice to have all the amps I like dialed in exactly how I like them in one small box. Also don't have to worry about whether I want to bother taking the time to record with a real amp or just use a plugin for convenience, now I have a plugin with all my amp in it, already. Got the pedal coming on Wednesday and I'm curious to see how it fairs through my PS-1 and into an actual cab.

Yeah, I didn't really like any of the stock profiles, but I started profiling my own gear and it's incredibly accurate. Planning on doing it with a few more pieces and then selling them off. It'll be nice to have all the amps I like dialed in exactly how I like them in one small box. Also don't have to worry about whether I want to bother taking the time to record with a real amp or just use a plugin for convenience, now I have a plugin with all my amp in it, already. Got the pedal coming on Wednesday and I'm curious to see how it fairs through my PS-1 and into an actual cab.
So far, I don't like it through my FX return with cab sim off

Try DI profiles. The cab separation algorithm sucks
I'll give that a try today. Makes sense though since most profiles have a cab as part of them and they're a single profile. What's to most inexpensive way to make your own profile?

I thought the cab separation was fine. Not the same. But sounded good to me.

The best sound I got out of it was running into the line in on the Power Station with a Vintage 30.
I needed to do a fair amount of parametric EQ on the ToneX pedal.

Okay now :D DI profiles with no cabs is a game changer into my FX loop of my CCV clone. Since I have a 3 way depth voicing and a 3 way NFB switch, I can pretty much tailor the power sections.
Ok, whew!

Interestingly, I profiled my Synergy gear last week and I was really liking the tones I got with the built in cab sim engaged, but decided to just do the direct captures as well. Plugged it in the next day to jam and I HATED the cab sim profiles (so much so that I actually thought the direct profiles sounded better than them with no IR), but the direct ones with an external IR sounded almost identical to the tracks I'd recorded WITH the cab sim on the week before. Weird :LOL:

:LOL: at the dude who thinks IK Multimedia banned him from the forum that will ban you for farting while taking a shit in your own home.

I gotta hand it to Pete from IK who has been handling the forums, TGP is one place where you know you’re going to have combative members, but he got the 3rd degree from a couple on my forum as well and the dude just keeps trudging along doing his job the best he can. Can’t say I feel particularly bad when someone gets led by YouTubers/doesn’t fully understand a product and thinks the best way to get results is by acting like a cunt on a forum to the guy who doesn’t actually fix shit or make decisions.

Any suggestions?
Tc electronics bam200 would be a good place to start. It's a bass amp bit set right it is flat. I hear you want to be careful with the speaker jack cover as it is possible to short it though I don't have personal experience. Rubber covered speaker cables would solve this issue.

Just try it yourself.

There is a popular saying where i live: Committing a mistake once is human, committing a mistake twice is stubbornness and committing a mistake thrice is dumbness.

ToneX did it and it sucks. Ola did it and it sucks. I do not want to be the third one earning the dumbness torphy.

All those devices do is math and math does not deliver different results, repeating an equation one million times will deliver the same result one million times.

You see almost everyone in this thread is having to browse users online shared library to find anything usable, they are not using the tool for its designed job and still having a hard time finding anything usable or a attempting to cheat the device with unorthodox methods.

:LOL: at the dude who thinks IK Multimedia banned him from the forum that will ban you for farting while taking a shit in your own home.

I gotta hand it to Pete from IK who has been handling the forums, TGP is one place where you know you’re going to have combative members, but he got the 3rd degree from a couple on my forum as well and the dude just keeps trudging along doing his job the best he can. Can’t say I feel particularly bad when someone gets led by YouTubers/doesn’t fully understand a product and thinks the best way to get results is by acting like a cunt on a forum to the guy who doesn’t actually fix shit or make decisions.

He is a coward and scammer. Keep praising him, maybe he will give you some money to shill away on this mesage board.

Last edited:
While the USB interface is the way to go for recording, I'm really impressed with the DI profiles (no cab) going directly into my FX loop. MkV clean and 2C+. These are with zero tweaks to any parameters. Sounds yuuuuge.

While the USB interface is the way to go for recording, I'm really impressed with the DI profiles (no cab) going directly into my FX loop. MkV clean and 2C+. These are with zero tweaks to any parameters. Sounds yuuuuge.

Beginning of clip is defective , there was a clean guitar sound . End portion sounded awesome though.

As usual the best reviews are from people that have never used the pedal.
Still has all the drama of a real housewives of the gear page massengill itch.

The Orange Pedal Baby has a EQ that isn't flat. It has a hump around 4K.

Anyone have captures of the Mesa Mark VII yet ?

Last edited:
Back