Akira Takasaki gear thread

How is he using the Marshall Guvnor? sounds like he is essentially in the " boost it" camp when it comes to Marshalls. A lot of his attack is his right hand and the way he aggressively picks and chokes on that pick. I do the same so I hear what he is doing with the right hand. Very snappy rythm player.

Huge Loudness/Akira fan, still gets regular play for me. This video was a few years ago, but he talks about it a little, he said he used a Marshall 1987 but not clear if that was on Thunder or not.

I'd love to know more about his gear as well beyond his Killer Guitars. Not sure if he still uses Friedman BE100 today.

I love this video

I saw Loudness at the Country Club in Reseda, CA around 1984/85

I remember Marshall stacks and a rack. Amazing tones and the band was great!

F2ED0421-2A35-4806-8C3F-270014E6671D.jpeg
B122D85B-5FDF-4939-8B9C-AF658C1FCB35.jpeg

From a small club in 2015

I'm not much help but I saw them with Stryper and TNT back in the day and he had 3 full Boogie stacks. Cabs had the metal grate on the front so this had to be late 80s. His sound was crushing!! It really was unreal how great his rig sounded that night. His sound was so much better than Ronnies and Oz and Michaels... I dont think he used Boogies very long cause I dont see mention of them very often, if ever.
if that is not the epitome of the rig talk founders tone trifecta,
i don’t know what is!
letekro/fox/takasaki = super soaker gain grease to the max! i saw stryper and tnt on separate occasions but never caught loudness.
wasn’t akira the poster boy for the rocktron utopia rack sysem? i read that brochure and rack mechanics handbook so many times while putting my first patchmate/intellifex/replifex/proq/300G rig together you woulda thought i was autistic.

if that is not the epitome of the rig talk founders tone trifecta,
i don’t know what is!
letekro/fox/takasaki = super soaker gain grease to the max! i saw stryper and tnt on separate occasions but never caught loudness.
wasn’t akira the poster boy for the rocktron utopia rack sysem? i read that brochure and rack mechanics handbook so many times while putting my first patchmate/intellifex/replifex/proq/300G rig together you woulda thought i was autistic.
Yep.. he was endorsing Rocktron for a while. One of my inspirations for my Intellifex LOL. Funny thing is I did a search for his gear last year and nothing really comes up with him using Boogies.
You would have loved that concert cause by themselves TNT and Stryper sounded great {I have also seen them alone also}, but when Akira came on it was just incredible. Just the right amount of scooped mids and low end to make the place shake but still cut without getting lost.

He has always sounded good every time I've seen him no matter what amps he uses, but IMO the Boogies really complimented his playing.

Yep.. he was endorsing Rocktron for a while. One of my inspirations for my Intellifex LOL. Funny thing is I did a search for his gear last year and nothing really comes up with him using Boogies.
You would have loved that concert cause by themselves TNT and Stryper sounded great {I have also seen them alone also}, but when Akira came on it was just incredible. Just the right amount of scooped mids and low end to make the place shake but still cut without getting lost.

He has always sounded good every time I've seen him no matter what amps he uses, but IMO the Boogies really complimented his playing.
lockanlow clazy nah ha hites! - you ah da She ROW!! what an era.

the stryper show was right when i moved to cali-84-85
and i was 3rd row on oz’s side in a church in garden grove.
it was SOOOO awkwardly LOUD it actually made no sense.
from my seat the guitars eclipsed the vocals, drums….my ability to form thoughts…every chord was like an airhorn pressed against my earholes. i actually chewed up a leaflet in the pew to make crude earplugs with. thanks for the permanent hearing damage fellas!
pretty sure Garden Grove PD found me wandering the streets in my undies with a cone of cotton candy looking for Santa after that trauma.

tnt was during intuition tour in a small club and harnell was struggling with a cold so his vocals were akin to danny devito’s exuberant reaction after powering an enormous rail of blow, over slick backing harmony tracks mixed with keys that ronnie and morty tried to pretend they weren’t lip syncing over. especially 10,000 Lovers—yikes!

From the mid 80s mesa catalog.Around this time I bought current albums from Stryper,TNT,& Loudness and was instantly in love with thier tones.I also remember wearing a thunder in the east cassette tape out back then.
20230329_010946.jpg

Back