Anyone have an idea what cabinet this is? Magnatone?

Exhead

Anyone have an idea what cabinet this is?

The logo looks like Magnatone but all of the info on the back ie, model, serial, etc was hand written on the little back badge and has faded off. The estate sale where I have purchased so many vintage things had stuff from the 1960's-2000's.

Asked on another forum and they were stumped.
IMG_8761.JPG

My first guess is Carvin. But the grill and corner protectors are different.

m4wiiou4wnqdw6tqqqnx_1200x.jpg

I plan on taking a better look at it tonight I will snap pics of the back where the plate is and see if I can decipher anything from it and post it here. Maybe compare it to your if you have back pics of the little model plate? Could very well be Carvin, I did get a Carvin V410T cabinet from the place too.

Input area looks like this. Hooked it up to an Egnator Rebel 20 tonight and it worked well.

1678247949235.png

How would I tell which OHMS to put the head out to this?

Plug a speaker cable into the cab then take reading with a multimeter. Set the multimeter to read Ohms, put the red probe on the tip of the jack and black probe on the sleeve. That will give you the total ohms of the cab. Check each jack, the cab may be wired as mono/stereo. Once you know the cab's Ohms plug in to the appropriate jack on your head.

Plug a speaker cable into the cab then take reading with a multimeter. Set the multimeter to read Ohms, put the red probe on the tip of the jack and black probe on the sleeve. That will give you the total ohms of the cab. Check each jack, the cab may be wired as mono/stereo. Once you know the cab's Ohms plug in to the appropriate jack on your head.

Thanks will try it. I will have more questions.

Back