Pedalboard that doesn't use velcro?

Fragglerick

I'm starting to put together a new pedal board.
Who makes a board that doesn't use velcro to mount the pedals?

https://www.aclamguitars.com/smart-track-pedalboard
Just put this together today in a few hours.

330430471_908370333541156_2717164944998274288_n.jpg

with Temple Audio you can also use long zip ties. They fit through those holes, around the pedal and tie it down really well. No mess, no fuss. I’ve used for years that way.

I still like Dual Lock. Much nicer and more sturdy than velcro. I put horizontal rows down on the board and then cut very small pieces to stick on the pedals and it holds very strongly.

I spent some time with a friend's Holeyboard and while the concept is awesome, I don't like the zip ties. The pedals move around and it just looks strange to me. But it's super functional and a cool design.

I thought about making a DIY board similar to Temple but I was going to use machine screws and washers - basically come from under the board and thread into the existing cover holes on the pedals... seemed like a lot of work. Dual Lock is just too convenient. Only downside I can think of is that you have to be careful if you want to remove a pedal. I've had to use a little pry bar or flat screwdriver covered in a shirt or cloth if I'm lifting a pedal I don't want to scratch.

Last edited:
Personally, I've never been unable to remove residue from shitty hook and loop tape. Rubbing alcohol will even work to remove the sticky without damaging a finish. If you are smart, and tactfully place the hook and loop tape, or cover labels with paper or masking tape before blanketing the backside with the hook and loop tape, it can clean up and leave you with a mint pedal. If you use zip ties, and the pedal wiggles at all when you kick it, you risk the zip tie wearing through the finish. That you can't fix with some lube and elbow grease.

YMMV
Good luck to you.

Back