Mesa Mark VII!!!! Vid!

It's kinda sad that this is going to be heralded as Randall Smith's last great hurrah.

So much about the VII screams of him having his hands tied a lot during design decisions IMO.

This actually reeks to me of trying to design to a price point…unlike Marks of years past where they were constantly incorporating new features…I am the most butthurt by the single GEQ, just f’ing dumb when you’ve got the JP-2C feature set sitting right there

This actually reeks to me of trying to design to a price point…unlike Marks of years past where they were constantly incorporating new features…I am the most butthurt by the single GEQ, just f’ing dumb when you’ve got the JP-2C feature set sitting right there

I don't understand the 9 modes again. Everyone knows that means compromises under the hood and
no mode is gonna stack up to the dedicated amp it's based on.
Boogie's got one Swiss army knife already.

Basically, the VII is take a V and fit it inside a JP head shell.
Missed opportunity for something really special.

Would also be cool if it had a built-in boost like the shred mode of the JP2C or something similar. I’d rather it have those features from the JP2C over more modes & other things in it

I was a long time Mark IV/Dual Rec user before switching to Fractal….and much to the dismay of this particular forum, I’m a huge fucking fan of the Mark IIC++ in the Fractal. Easily my favorite amp and I do not miss hauling this rig around a single bit-

View attachment 171280
Exactly, it's all in the Fractal. All the Mark tones, The JP2C, all the Rectos the Lone Star, Triple Crown and even the Subway Blues. And you can call anything up with the tap of a switch, plus killer effects without all the fuss of pedals, cables and switchers. My days of $3000 tube amps are over.

I have listened to some more clips and was thinking where this amp fits in the Mark lineage. It seems like an alternate version of a Mark V with IR sims instead of new innovation. I feel like instead of trying to make a modern swiss army knife of the tones of yesteryear they should drop all that and focus on making a new amp that stands on its own. I get that the IIC+ and IV are iconic in the Mark line, but it's like they're relying on those tones to "sell" the new amp. Love it or hate it a Mark IV stands on it's own and doesn't have to lean on the IIC+ to stand up. Do the same same with the new Mark.

As someone who's just made it into the Mark series amps and still excited about what the different versions can offer, this one is a bit of a let down

Even the mighty ZEN Amps recording facility would likely have a difficult time obtaining a good sounding recording of this thing, judging by this horror.
Hmm, only one way to know for sure.... you should buy one and send it to us, will only cost around $1200 round trip.

These suckers probably won't be available down under until the Mk0 prequel series comes out in 3 years.

They could have just called it the Mesa Mk 7 S+ to be different but evolve. Mark 7 plus, yea that is right, and have 3 channels but 2 modes in each channel for 6 tones + c+ +circuitry in ch 3.
Ch 1 Clean Crunch modes
Ch 2 Mk IIB Mk IV modes
Ch 3 Mkc+ Mk c++ modes

INCLUDE the fking Drive control AND Input Gain option like on the mk iv etc. Same layout as Jp2c 2 Graph EQ's... I thought this was RHETORICAL but apparently not.

Had a Mark IVa
Loved it and loathed it. So particular.

im too into the synergy umbrella to look at any “flagship” amp at this time.

I’ve never seen more people overthink something so pointless.

I played tons of large gigs with a Rockman, GK and Peavey. Finally got a real job and bought a Mark IV. Sold it and went through several Mesa’s and every Bogner available.

If I could do it all over I’d kept the IV.

This amp looks awesome and I came close to buying but after thinking about it, this can’t compete with my Helix.

Even the mighty ZEN Amps recording facility would likely have a difficult time obtaining a good sounding recording of this thing, judging by this horror.
And the LAST “thing” the mighty ZEN Amps needs
is one of his team members to suddenly feel like a sour tit , he then convulses,
-followed by his head falling off and turning into to a beefy jurassic spider with a human head and fervently attacking the gear jockey demonstrating this Mk7 amplifier.
You mentioned horror..I mention
John Carpenters “The Thing”.
You gotta admit dudes, that’s a CRAZY scene in that movie man.

And the LAST “thing” the mighty ZEN Amps needs
is one of his team members to suddenly feel like a sour tit , he then convulses,
-followed by his head falling off and turning into to a beefy jurassic spider with a human head and fervently attacking the gear jockey demonstrating this Mk7 amplifier.
You mentioned horror..I mention
John Carpenters “The Thing”.
You gotta admit dudes, that’s a CRAZY scene in that movie man.
Dino you always deliver. Not sure exactly what it is you're delivering, but it's reliably entertaining.

Back