NAD The VII Arrived

MetalThrasher

Just opened the box from UPS. Here's a quick shitty cell phone picture. I'll report back later tonight on my initial thoughts. Once I get a little more familiar with the amp I'm going to try and post a demo for you guys and gals in a few days.
IMG_20230310_161057.jpg

Dude, don’t worry about us, enjoy your new amp.
Run it hard for a few days & sleep on it,
then run it like a hog a few days and then report back.
Exercise your experience with the smplifier like being summoned for jury duty with your experience with the amplifier & avoid
anything you hear about the amp other then what comes out of YOUR speakers.,
-Watching the movie “Seven” , is allowed…👹
F’n cheers, go rip shit up man!!!

PS-GNARLY movie reference.
The ending is HARDCORE.

Exercise your experience with the smplifier like being summoned for jury duty with your experience with the amplifier & avoid

The ending is HARDCORE.
Agreed! Spend time with it and enjoy it (or not if not your thing)

Congrats man, hope it works out well for you.

If you have the capability, can you make a clip using the direct out? Was just saying in another thread this feature on the Badlander was pretty ordinary, wonder if there's any improvement on the VII.

Quick break. I haven't messed with channel 3 yet. Crunch mode on channel one is awesome which is what I was expecting. I'm really digging the MK VII mode on channel 2! I'm not used to setting my gain low but this around 11 is perfect so far!

Quick break. I haven't messed with channel 3 yet. Crunch mode on channel one is awesome which is what I was expecting. I'm really digging the MK VII mode on channel 2! I'm not used to setting my gain low but this around 11 is perfect so far!
Funny thing is the Mark VII has way better audio than Mesa's previous videos. Therefore, it's hard to tell if anything has improved or even a discernable justification for updating the Mark V. I think the Mark V is so good it hardly needs any modification. So far, the demos do sound great in Mark VII mode.

Congrats man, hope it works out well for you.

If you have the capability, can you make a clip using the direct out? Was just saying in another thread this feature on the Badlander was pretty ordinary, wonder if there's any improvement on the VII.
I'm certain it's the exact same load except now there's the input gain adjustment, but there's nothing wrong with the load on the Badlander/standalone Cab Clone either. It's got a bit of a scoop and not as good as the Suhr, but not bad, better than the OX though. It's one of those convenient things for a gig and lightyears better than the old analog ones. It's fine for recording demos and such. I've used the Badlander an recorded back to back tracks with the DI out with it plugged into a a mesa 4x12, and with it unplugged, and while there is a difference, it's not like it suddenly sounds like shit by any more. You can get them fairly close by bumping the mids when there's no cab attached.

The ending is HARDCORE.
“John Doe has the upper hand!!”

What I really want to know about the Mark VII at this point is why it was necessary because I think the Mark V is already incredible. I've heard people rag on the Mark V not sounding exactly like a IIC+, IV, etc., blah, blah, so I'd also like to know if there has been any improvement in that aspect. Also, the Mark VII mode sounds quite good, but it's hard to nail down what it is exactly because I can't make out any particular flavor or character - almost like a generic Mesa Boogie tone, but a really good sound. I mean, basically, what is so great about the Mark VII that would make someone overlook a Mark V or JP2C?

Back