Furman: P-1800 AR vs PFR

Had to return it and get the P-1800 because the outlets in my home are 15a not 20a.
A91B9B7D-D301-4EA5-A00A-E6844B68D049.jpeg

I'm a bit confused. According to the P-1800 AR manual it says it does power conditioning as well, so it does both voltage reg and conditioning. Did you mean it doesn't have the 'clear tone" extra conditioning and amp the reserve current like the PFR @FourT6and2?

I bought the P-1800 PF R and AR but thinking of returning the AR. The only benefit I see of the AR is if you have voltage fluctuations above or below 5 volts (Looks the the transformer has only 5 volt taps) and my wall only goes down to 119 and up to 121 max after checking it for a few days.

I'm a bit confused. According to the P-1800 AR manual it says it does power conditioning as well, so it does both voltage reg and conditioning. Did you mean it doesn't have the 'clear tone" extra conditioning and amp the reserve current like the PFR @FourT6and2?

I bought the P-1800 PF R and AR but thinking of returning the AR. The only benefit I see of the AR is if you have voltage fluctuations above or below 5 volts (Looks the the transformer has only 5 volt taps) and my wall only goes down to 119 and up to 121 max after checking it for a few days.
That's correct. The AR has 'some' power conditioning capability but not to the extent of the PF R. No reserve current capacitors either. If your voltage is that consistent you don't really need the AR. I run a PF R and every amp I've plugged into it sounds better vs. going straight into the wall. Reduces errant noises too. Some have said that running both units reduces noise even further but just by a very slight additional amount. I'm extremely content with just the PF R for my needs.

Compare the specs. They're a bit different and the PFR does filter out more noise than the AR.

Had to return it and get the P-1800 because the outlets in my home are 15a not 20a. View attachment 155101
One way to achieve this with the unit your returned I've heard is to just use an adapter, because the IEC makes the plug different just so that they aren't confused and can be differentiated.
tldr; It would have worked on a 20A circuit with a 15A outlet with a NEMA 5-15P to NEMA 5-20P adapter.

I drag my P1800 AR to all my gigs. It's a pain, but worth it. Most of the places we play have saggy, baggy voltage. At the volume we usually play and the amount of alcohol being consumed, a little bit of noise will not be noticed...

There was no need to return it. Most places have 12AWG wiring on 20 Amp circuits with 15A outlets and can handle a P-2400 with a NEMA 5-15P to NEMA 5-20P adapter.
Makes sense. After checking prices, I’m thinking about just buying a 1800 PFR to plug into the P1800AR that I already have.

Back