First crack at the Mark VII Clips

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
Need some more time to really fine tune. It’s been a while since I’ve had a Mark amp. I don’t know why I got this, I’m not really a mark amp guy, but it sounds great to me. Really aggressive, huge, and articulate. Across all modes and channels, there is a particular grunt to the sound that is very authoritative on this amp. I think a lot of people will love the VII once the “new release” chaos settles.

Sounds really good. The bit of reverb is kinda cheating, but I'll let it pass. The IIB mode must just be the clean channel of the IIB, cause that ain't no lead channel tone.

Sounds really good. The bit of reverb is kinda cheating, but I'll let it pass. The IIB mode must just be the clean channel of the IIB, cause that ain't no lead channel tone.
That IIB is classic rock at best for sure. It’s actually REALLY good. Listening back, I could have dialed it in better. Kinda wish that mode was on channel 1 or 2.

Messed with VII mode this morning, man I’m not sure about that one. Low mid fuzziness that is strange. It has qualities I like- thick marshally single notes, but chords ring out a little strange

That IIB is classic rock at best for sure. It’s actually REALLY good. Listening back, I could have dialed it in better. Kinda wish that mode was on channel 1 or 2.

Messed with VII mode this morning, man I’m not sure about that one. Low mid fuzziness that is strange. It has qualities I like- thick marshally single notes, but chords ring out a little strange
Maybe VII mode needs a boost?? It's supposed to be recto inspired, like a Mark/Recto hybrid mode.

Sounds good. The footprint is what I am interesed in. I had a new JPC next to a Mark III++ 105 PT and the III++ destroyed it and made it sound thin and small, but that amp made my 2C++ sold on the small side but not as bad as the JPC. I sold it immediately. How does the VII stack up?

Sounds good. The footprint is what I am interesed in. I had a new JPC next to a Mark III++ 105 PT and the III++ destroyed it and made it sound thin and small, but that amp made my 2C++ sold on the small side but not as bad as the JPC. I sold it immediately. How does the VII stack up?
I know what you mean about footprint. It certainly doesn’t sound small or contained in any way, but I think the only way for me to really answer that is to A/B with some of my Marshalls.

I hate it when an amp sounds too small, but for me, footprint doesn’t matter more than tone. Had a c+ Coli that had the biggest footprint of any amp I’ve owned, but the tone itself was not nearly as interesting or harmonically rich as my DRG, so I let the Coli go cause I just wasn’t turning it on very often.

Back to topic, I’ll follow up after I get a few minutes to A/B.

I know what you mean about footprint. It certainly doesn’t sound small or contained in any way, but I think the only way for me to really answer that is to A/B with some of my Marshalls.

I hate it when an amp sounds too small, but for me, footprint doesn’t matter more than tone. Had a c+ Coli that had the biggest footprint of any amp I’ve owned, but the tone itself was not nearly as interesting or harmonically rich as my DRG, so I let the Coli go cause I just wasn’t turning it on very often.

Back to topic, I’ll follow up after I get a few minutes to A/B.
I see a Marshall vs Mesa clip coming :yes: How’s it compare to the Badlander?

III and JP have the same footprint, right?
y8ixVw9.jpg
We’re talking “sonic footprint” ie how big/wide does it sound

Clearly it doesn't suck although for my uses I can tell the JP2C is far more useful to me. IIB mode seems like a miss but maybe it fills a spot some players felt was missing before? I don't know. VII mode is interesting but I have yet to hear a demo where it sounds like anything anybody would use. Like others have pointed out, seems to want a boost like a recto does to thin out the bloat and introduce some more crunch and compression. Who knows, could be a sleeper mode, but currently feels like a novelty.

Back