Heavy tonezzzzz and mixezzzz

Dude, sounds killer. Am listening through iPhone speaker and not studio monitors… sounds 5150ish? Dialed in properly without the mids cranked up lol

Dude, sounds killer. Am listening through iPhone speaker and not studio monitors… sounds 5150ish? Dialed in properly without the mids cranked up lol
Haha thanks man! I gotta still back to you, I promise I haven’t forgotten! Not my 5150 :) listen to that bottom end, that’s the dead giveaway. Here’s one that i will say is my morin Marshall which sounds incredible to me.

https://on.soundcloud.com/LFSwd8nNXXvmVEUL7

Sound like they need a little more 350Hz for warmth and punch.

J/K, sounds killer!
Are you out of your mind? those single note runs are nasally trebley shit, man. The only thing that sounds full is the palm muting. And I suppose that was supposed to be music too, haha. sounds retarded.

and ya, it really could use some 350hz, anywhere from 200hz - 350hz IMO. Would thicken it up big time.

BTW that kinda production is the absolute complete opposite of an organic metal production like the black album. So no wonder you cut 350hz.

Last edited:
Are you out of your mind? those single note runs are nasally trebley shit, man. The only thing that sounds full is the palm muting. And I suppose that was supposed to be music too, haha. sounds retarded.

and ya, it really could use some 350hz, anywhere from 200hz - 350hz IMO. Would thicken it up big time.

BTW that kinda production is the absolute complete opposite of an organic metal production like the black album. So no wonder you cut 350hz.
FINALLY, a man NOT willing to be a
“Minion”
-circling the RT water wagons..
You’re in my squad because you’d displayed
SPINE here,
-thank you for that man.

Considering all that was done here is guitar tones, sure. Did you see the part that says I didn’t write it? I’m not sure how you think this could possibly need anymore around 200-250 hz, if anything it doesn’t have enough high mid presence. I’ll be happy to send you the tracks to hear your take, seriously let me know. I’m curious what your ears think is good now.

You consider the black album “organic” the album that had 9 guitars on it at times? The album that accentuated palm mutes on songs with multiple other instruments? The album that had multiple different drums to accentuate the production of the drums? The album that had a subwoofer inside of the drum room to accentuate the low end of the drums? The album that literally had a tunnel of room mics that ran underneath the studio? The album that had multiple eq’s on the mics for guitars? That album?

LOOLLLLLLLL….. that tells me about everything I need to know right there about your ears.

Show us how it’s done please.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s made pretty apparent. The frequencies you’re talking about were even cut in the loop of the guitar amps used like -8db. Not to mention the absolute fuck ton that was done on an ssl console after the fact. I honestly don’t know if your ears can tell the separation between the guitar and bass.

Seriously record a clip, mic it up, go to the exact frequencies you’re talking about and boost them. There’s several free eqs out there you could do this with.

Show us how it’s done please.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s made pretty apparent. The frequencies you’re talking about were even cut in the loop of the guitar amps used like -8db. Not to mention the absolute fuck ton that was done on an ssl console after the fact. I honestly don’t know if your ears can tell the separation between the guitar and bass.

Seriously record a clip, mic it up, go to the exact frequencies you’re talking about and boost them. There’s several free eqs out there you could do this with.

Bro they didn’t do ANY of that…. The black album was “organic”, didn’t you know?

The Black Album is about as organic as meth cut with fentanyl. Literally every Metallica album before that was far more organic.

You want to hear it done right Joe Dirt look-a-like?

Yea, it sounds great dicknose. But, I still think my Marshall would smoke the absolute fuck out of that with those riffs. Wish I had the DI for those. Hell I wish I had the whole track so I could shut your trap haha. You gotta understand (this is an extremely hard concept around here) different types of music require different types of tones.

Yea, it sounds great dicknose. But, I still think my Marshall would smoke the absolute fuck out of that with those riffs. Wish I had the DI for those. Hell I wish I had the whole track so I could shut your trap haha. You gotta understand (this is an extremely hard concept around here) different types of music require different types of tones.
That must be why I hate that music, because I definitely hated those tones…lol
But I do not hate you my forum brother! I am down for anyone who slings up some sounds. Keeps it interesting around here. Plenty of folks who talk a lot but never put themselves out there (not pointed at any specific poster).

You want to hear it done right Joe Dirt look-a-like?

Dude comes up with gnarly guitar sounds! Sounds great on its own. A bit too much on the lows to leave room for other stuff (bass guitar) in the context of an actual mix though imo. So it’s not punchy as an overall deal. This of course assuming you’re listening on studio monitors and not an iPhone speaker.

For this sound I think this is a great example.

Dude comes up with gnarly guitar sounds! Sounds great on its own. A bit too much on the lows to leave room for other stuff (bass guitar) in the context of an actual mix though imo. So it’s not punchy as an overall deal. This of course assuming you’re listening on studio monitors and not an iPhone speaker.

For this sound I think this is a great example.

God damn that rules hard. Killer, killer tones.

God damn that rules hard. Killer, killer tones.
Right?! Man, it bums me out because cannibal corpse is one of my favorite bands, and I think this production was much better than violence unimagined. Wish this carried over because I think the songs on that record rule.

Considering all that was done here is guitar tones, sure. Did you see the part that says I didn’t write it? I’m not sure how you think this could possibly need anymore around 200-250 hz, if anything it doesn’t have enough high mid presence. I’ll be happy to send you the tracks to hear your take, seriously let me know. I’m curious what your ears think is good now.

You consider the black album “organic” the album that had 9 guitars on it at times? The album that accentuated palm mutes on songs with multiple other instruments? The album that had multiple different drums to accentuate the production of the drums? The album that had a subwoofer inside of the drum room to accentuate the low end of the drums? The album that literally had a tunnel of room mics that ran underneath the studio? The album that had multiple eq’s on the mics for guitars? That album?

LOOLLLLLLLL….. that tells me about everything I need to know right there about your ears.
Just because they used a ton of gear doesn't mean it's not an organic sounding album. I mean, just listen to it. Who cares how they achieved the final product. Does it really matter that there's multiple rhythm tracks? EQ's on the guitars and drums? It's all analog equipment, so who cares. That's like saying Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon ain't an organic sounding album cause they also used a lot of gear, that's besides the point. It's the tones.

Back