Neural dsp IIc+

The Fluff 2C sounds much closer to my MKIII red stripe and JP2C. This Neural suite is not a bad plugin however. I demo'd it to mainly try out the IIC++ amp and its cool. Not sure if these are authentic or not though but to my ears it ranks like this in comparison to my MK3 RS and JP2C;

1. Fluff 2C
2. Mercuriall Reaxxis
3. Neural Archetype Petrucci JP2C
4. Neural MKIIC+/++ suite
5. Amplitube 5 Mesa MKIIC+/MKIII

I know my opinion doesn't hold much weight since I don't have a real IIC+/++ to compare to but I'm just going off of my 2 available closest resources. They missed the feel of the MK amp IMO. The controls did behave pretty damn good though.

Who knows what condition their test subject amp for this plugin was but there are so many variables that could've affected the overall result. Its tough to say. I just know based off of my list in that order, those plugins sound and feel MUCH closer to a Mark series amp than this current NDSP suite does.

Sounds really good. Of course it’s not as good as the real thing.

Pretty funny watching the demos online since all the YouTubers have zero idea how to dial this amp in, since it’s not a 5150 lol. Lots of clips of it sounding like ass due to that.

Presence knob is on the back as a reminder to those who don’t own or haven’t played one of these.

Presence knob is on the back as a reminder to those who don’t own or haven’t played one of these.

Do they have the loop jacks on the underside too? :ROFLMAO:

@PurityS.L.G was running the exact same combo a while back.
Which one is the new plug closer to? I'm gonna guess the III red?

rj4opMp.jpg

it’s a cool plugin, really like the IR’s too. Maybe slightly prefer how aggressive my Mark III and the Petrucci plugin sound but it’s splitting hairs really. IIC+ seems a bit softer on the very top end and a bit bolder in the midrange.

I haven’t bought this, but did listen to videos and reviews. It sounds very similar to my iic+/+ to be honest. I haven’t used all of these but this sounded the most accurate based on my recollection of other plugin videos.

Another thing to keep in mind, the different options on IIC+ amps really separate their tone. The power section makes a big difference. The simulclass makes a difference. The GEQ existing on the amp makes a difference. So depending on which IIC+ you’re going for, all could be accurate in their own ways. Personally, I like the HRG and the non-eq sixty watters the best, but that’s all cork sniffing at that point.

another clip, my 1985 Mark III black stripe with 105 export transformer, Neural IIC++, Line 6 Helix Mark IV, Amplitube Mark III.

curious if anyone has a favourite out of these or thinks they can identify any

I have most of the high gain plugins from NDSP including the MK2, and they are all top notch! Having never personally played a MK2, I can't comment from that corner, but having heard many of them, I think these absolutely do it... "Justice"? 😜

While I have quite a few of these, my faves are the Soldano, Fortin Cali, and the MK2.

I think this guy does a pretty good job of dialing them in. I would download the trial but I’m still sifting through all the sounds on the Quad Cortex.

Back