Adam Jones marshall question

Tu_pe":15a7wybx said:
I'm just scraping the cooled ashes here... :confused:

A picture from the youtube video "Bird and Jon go to the Tool Music Clinic in St. Paul MN 5/11/18".
Jumped channels, yes.
An EQ(?) or delay(?) pedal attached between the channels?
Has anybody idea what can be switched there?

Holy shit, I never even thought of running a pedal between the channels like that. Cool idea. It might also just be how he runs his signal to another amp?

FourT6and2":29t6628c said:
Tu_pe":29t6628c said:

A picture from the youtube video "Bird and Jon go to the Tool Music Clinic in St. Paul MN 5/11/18".
Jumped channels, yes.

Holy shit, I never even thought of running a pedal between the channels like that. Cool idea. It might also just be how he runs his signal to another amp?

I also thought it could be daisy chained with a Diezel, but in this case no makes too much sense the wire plugged in channel Normal High (right up).

Tu_pe":2cwclwlp said:
FourT6and2":2cwclwlp said:
Tu_pe":2cwclwlp said:

Jumped channels, yes.

I also thought it could be daisy chained with a Diezel, but in this case no makes too much sense the wire plugged in channel Normal High (right up).

Or it can be switch the volume pedal in, so he could control the blend/ratio between the jumped channels and so control the gain and volume also....
Similar to this this guy showed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkvP40PEkA

Tu_pe":1c1xcsej said:

Jumped channels, yes.

Or maybe just a really long patch cable...

LCW":2kbg7uyd said:
Tu_pe":2kbg7uyd said:

Jumped channels, yes.

Thanks LCW!
The angle of shooting is perfect.
Your picture has killed the birth of another Adam Jones gear mystery. :LOL: :LOL:
I assume you do not have a picture from the side or from behind the amps...

Tu_pe":1bxyhctq said:
LCW":1bxyhctq said:
Tu_pe":1bxyhctq said:

Jumped channels, yes.

Thanks LCW!
The angle of shooting is perfect.
Your picture has killed the birth of another Adam Jones gear mystery. :LOL: :LOL:
I assume you do not have a picture from the side or from behind the amps...

Ha unfortunately no. I was lucky enough to get that pic. And the angle of it was pure fluke as far as this thread is concerned ;)

Three years later but I had a question. I saw the quote from Friendman about the mods.

Ceriatone recently added a layout for an Adam Jones SL on their website. All the mods as mentioned by Friedman are there (though I didn't hear anything about the PPIMV) but there is a 4700pf bright cap added vs the stock 500pf. Has there been any evidence to this as part of Jones' amp mods?

I tried it and it does sound good.

Adam-Jones-Spec-Plexi-100-.jpg

Three years later but I had a question. I saw the quote from Friendman about the mods.

Ceriatone recently added a layout for an Adam Jones SL on their website. All the mods as mentioned by Friedman are there (though I didn't hear anything about the PPIMV) but there is a 4700pf bright cap added vs the stock 500pf. Has there been any evidence to this as part of Jones' amp mods?

I tried it and it does sound good.

Adam-Jones-Spec-Plexi-100-.jpg

There are no special "mods" to his amp. It's a Super Bass changed over to Lead spec. The 4700pF bright cap probably isn't in his amp, but if it sounds good, go for it.

Back