David Lee Roth - Ain't That Peculiar

Geo

I am happy to see he is doing something more his pace instead of acting like he can do what he did 40 years ago.

Other 80's aging musicians should do the same.

C'mon Dave gimme a break .

I actually prefer his and Al Estrada's versions of Unchained and Everybody wants some more than this stuff.

DLR goes full on Jimmy Buffett. No thank you.
You must have never heard
“Cheeseburger in Paradise”
The music video is EPIC man.
It’s based around a juicy looking cheeseburger
with all toppings cruising’ around, sitting’
in a beach chair on the beach with a margarita
and ultimately the final scene of the cheeseburger
with sunglasses on watching the sun go down in Key West, Fl.
Me & my kids actually laugh so hard man when we watch that video man.

The guy is 69 years old, I would say the music is age appropriate.

There is nothing worse than an old 80's rocker trying to sing the same shit they did 40 years ago, just look at Vince Neil.

He’s always been into this stuff. His EP in the 80’s, Crazy From the Heat, wasn’t exactly rippin’….lol

Possible tag lines for a DLR sitcom:

"He used to be hot for teacher, but now he's just hoping to not be late for supper."

"He ain't talkin" bout love, but he is talkin' bout male pattern baldness and a second mortgage on his house."

"Well, he has seen junior's grades and he's not happy!"

"He's on fire, and after trying to cook a pot roast for the first time, so is the kitchen!"

"Ain't That Peculiar"
- Tuesdays This Fall.

Critics are saying:

"None of these flavors satisfy. So much for his guarantee."

"You really got me flipping channels, desperately looking for anything else to watch."

"Belongs in the garbage can with that dirty faced kid."

If there were heavy guitars in this song it would sound exactly like what people are used to with his music. The vibe is identical minus exactly one or two high gain rhythm guitar tracks.

His voice also sounds great now considering... how do I say this... his early work always seemed to prioritize "enthusiasm" over actually singing recognizable notes.

Dave got crucified for how bad his voice was on the last tour he did with VH and that was a LONGGGGGG time ago .

If there were heavy guitars in this song it would sound exactly like what people are used to with his music. The vibe is identical minus exactly one or two high gain rhythm guitar tracks.

His voice also sounds great now considering... how do I say this... his early work always seemed to prioritize "enthusiasm" over actually singing recognizable notes.
I heard he sounds good because they have vastly superior tech in studio's now that make even a shot voice sound good.

Not crazy about the song, but his voice sounds great. Change the tune up a bit, add some sizzling guitar and it could be good.

Reactions: Geo
Back