Issues with using Fractal gear to send MIDI commands to channel switch Diezel amps (Herbert, in this case).

jdel77

Question for guys who use their Diezel's with Fractal boards eg: AX8, FX8, FM3 and FM9

I've noticed with my VH4S that I need to fill the MIDI bank in my Fractal full of identical commands to force send the MIDI message through to change channels. Now my VH4S changes channels flawlessly using my FM9T as a MIDI switcher with FX per channel.

I'm borrowing a mate's Herbert and about to pull the trigger on one for myself, but I find the Herbert is much more temperamental when it comes to changing channels consistently. I need to Store Channel 3 on the Herbert to the matching MIDI command/footswitch nearly every time I use the thing.

I'm seeing a few threads out there regarding similar issues between Fractal gear and Diezel amps - Is there any fix for this?
Can you upgrade the MIDI module in any Diezel, or any official workaround from Diezel to make these unbelieveably great amps play nice with Fractal MIDI commands?

Any help or feedback much appreciated!

Back