Any Sylosis fans in here?

I’ve only gotten into them recently and have really been diggin’ what I’ve heard so far. Won’t check this out until I can do it on good speakers later on!

Josh's attitude has really changed a lot. From an E Standard and vintage-looking guitars almost snobbery to this. Yet they still sound like Sylosis.

I've always loved the band. I don't think that's going to change soon.

Josh's attitude has really changed a lot. From an E Standard and vintage-looking guitars almost snobbery to this. Yet they still sound like Sylosis.

I've always loved the band. I don't think that's going to change soon.
Yeah they went from E standard to D standard I believe on the last album.

I'm a massive fan of their Conclusion of an Age album - their stuff since then is solid but just doesn't hit the same for me

Josh was able to do cooler shit when he was just playing guitar and they had a dedicated vocalist IMO

I'm a massive fan of their Conclusion of an Age album - their stuff since then is solid but just doesn't hit the same for me

Josh was able to do cooler shit when he was just playing guitar and they had a dedicated vocalist IMO
I agree. I remember listening to Conclusion quite a bit and then I lost a little interest.
Super cool to see them still putting stuff out though

They used to be super technical, but yeah, Josh is more about the groove and the singing now.

Still really catchy, IMO.

The tone and production is also incredible, but my favorite recorded tone by them was EOTH.

Annnnnndddd his stl tonality pack that was just released will absolutely smoke most peoples tones here for about 100 bucks….. it’s funny because it’s true.

Annnnnndddd his stl tonality pack that was just released will absolutely smoke most peoples tones here for about 100 bucks….. it’s funny because it’s true.
Really? Because he runs his mid knob low, and well, you know you need midz to cut through. :LOL:

On a serious note, I've been meaning to pick up his impulse pack. Have you tried it?

Last edited:
Really? Because he runs his mid knob low, and well, you know you need midz to cut through. :LOL:

On a serious note, I've been meaning to pick up his impulse pack. Have you tried it?

Yea, how does he get such great tone WITH HIS MIDZ AT TWO JUST LIKE EVH HAD THEM ON THAT AMP? Everyone knows the BEST 5150 SETTINGS ARE EVERYTHING AT 6 OCLOCK!

Yea dude, I’m a big big fan of it. I think it’s really great, one of my top 3 packs I like for sure. His cab captures in tonality are the same cabs as this, and think of the IR pack like the “best of” of those captures in tonality. He’s got a great rundown video of the pack on YouTube, im sure you’ve seen it. I’ll make some clips here soon, they are really great sounding.

Yea, how does he get such great tone WITH HIS MIDZ AT TWO JUST LIKE EVH HAD THEM ON THAT AMP? Everyone knows the BEST 5150 SETTINGS ARE EVERYTHING AT 6 OCLOCK!

Yea dude, I’m a big big fan of it. I think it’s really great, one of my top 3 packs I like for sure. His cab captures in tonality are the same cabs as this, and think of the IR pack like the “best of” of those captures in tonality. He’s got a great rundown video of the pack on YouTube, im sure you’ve seen it. I’ll make some clips here soon, they are really great sounding.
Yeah, can't wait to hear them!

I mean, we all want the perfect Recto cab IR, but I also wanna hear his Marshall cab. I've been looking for a good 1960V IR for so long because I love those cabs IRL.

Yeah, can't wait to hear them!

I mean, we all want the perfect Recto cab IR, but I also wanna hear his Marshall cab. I've been looking for a good 1960V IR for so long because I love those cabs IRL.

Titan audios are the best Marshalls I’ve heard personally, but it is pricey. My go to always for Marshall cabs personally

That's kinda how I feel about all their stuff. Lots of recycled riffs, nothing really catchy or grooving, no hooks that are memorable. He's definitely a good guitar player, his music is just kinda bland, generic and repetitive.
The entire Genre (or sub genre, or sub sub genre...whatever the hell it is) is weak, repetitive, and so so boring.

Back