First riffs through the Mark VII

Bad.Seed

Please excuse my worse than normal playing, these were quite literally my first riffs of the day, lol

IIC+ mode absolutely does not disappoint! Having just done a playthrough of the Mark V on my channel, I can confidently say I am liking the VII better! The mids just seem right to my ear on this one, and the low end is more balanced an easier to achieve my desired level of both punch and thickness.

I hards originally tried dialing it in on an Egnater Armageddon cab with T75/K100 16 ohm speaker combo and was struggling, switched to the mesa traditional and satan's butthole opened up (that's a good thing...or something)

Anyways, here's the super brief clip I recorded using my phone, Lewitt Connect 6 Interface and Lewitt 550DM mic, because I felt like mixing it up. Full video up tomorrow!

I’m not a Mesa mark guru, but sounds damn good to me.

tom-hanks-forrest-gump.gif

Sounds dope KB!

I had a Mark IVa for almost a decade; I loved and hated that amp. It was sooooo finicky - just one tap of a knob could make me “lose” an amazing tone, not to be found the rest of the day. But when it was dialed in, it was just furious!!

To add injury to insult i sold it for like a grand 6 months before covid - now they go for $2k lol…

Anyways - i think that the new Mark VII is sweet BUT, just as with the V, the tone doesnt call to me like the IV somehow did.

Great vid here though!! Kudos

Seriously my fav tone you ever did .it has the most harmonic richness . Good stuff. Cabt wait for the in-depth

Sounds dope KB!

I had a Mark IVa for almost a decade; I loved and hated that amp. It was sooooo finicky - just one tap of a knob could make me “lose” an amazing tone, not to be found the rest of the day. But when it was dialed in, it was just furious!!

To add injury to insult i sold it for like a grand 6 months before covid - now they go for $2k lol…

Anyways - i think that the new Mark VII is sweet BUT, just as with the V, the tone doesnt call to me like the IV somehow did.

Great vid here though!! Kudos
Don't feel bad, i sold my Norlin Lp Custom collection 3 months before covid.....5 all together. those 5 guitars are now worth about $1,500 more, each, than what I sold them for. Sigh

Don't feel bad, i sold my Norlin Lp Custom collection 3 months before covid.....5 all together. those 5 guitars are now worth about $1,500 more, each, than what I sold them for. Sigh
I’ve got 3 and one of them would have to sell at 7k to pique my interests. They’re up there 👆

I will say nothing compares to them. They play amazing and sound amazing. Most attempts only reach LP standard quality in sound assuming they nail the feel. I’m not a purist either - just grabbed an edwards and love it. But the Norlin sisters are mind boggling.

I’ve got 3 and one of them would have to sell at 7k to pique my interests. They’re up there 👆

I will say nothing compares to them. They play amazing and sound amazing. Most attempts only reach LP standard quality in sound assuming they nail the feel. I’m not a purist either - just grabbed an edwards and love it. But the Norlin sisters are mind boggling.
Man, I wish I had felt the same as you about them!~ Lol
I wanted to love them but all 5 of them just sounded dead to me compared to my others, even after changing out the 100k pots, lol. I also am not a fan of then"fretless wonder" style either, just makes the guitars sound and feel soft. Again, all my personal opinion, and I'm just out here playing shitty power chords.

I was happy to see them go and still sold for more than I paid so it's really not upsetting if I don't think about it too long. LOL

Full video review is up now if anyone was interested. I went ahead and somehow forgot to remove a second video clip form the intro so the room audio is mixed in. I suck at this for someone who does it for a living. Luckily, the rest of the video is fine.

Full video review is up now if anyone was interested. I went ahead and somehow forgot to remove a second video clip form the intro so the room audio is mixed in. I suck at this for someone who does it for a living. Luckily, the rest of the video is fine.

Well..,
I disagree Kyle with the nutsack component
of your explanation of why the EQ faders’
are critical for dialing in the monster sounds
of yester’years high gain MK tones.
Next time, use this:

Cuz…

“You can’t play pool with a rope”

Well..,
I disagree Kyle with the nutsack component
of your explanation of why the EQ faders’
are critical for dialing in the monster sounds
of yester’years high gain MK tones.
Next time, use this:

Cuz…

“You can’t play pool with a rope”
Nah, my phrase was miles better than that, and my brain isn't any where near as wild as yours! You can do better

Good job Kyle :)

In the live metal mix I pretty much always turn my mark gain down to 3-4 & run a good boost. The extra tightening of the ass is welcome.

Try the VII mode with gain between 9 and 11 o'clock. I'm digging that right now. It sounds good through my seven string tuned to A.

Good job Kyle :)

In the live metal mix I pretty much always turn my mark gain down to 3-4 & run a good boost. The extra tightening of the ass is welcome.
I do a similar thing, I just dial back the treble (cause it's basically another gain control) to about 5 or 6 then use a boost/OD, I bring up the bass a tad to make up for the loss of low end from the OD too.

Back