New BC Rich Custom Shop Guitars

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Noticed the BC Rich website has a price list for USA Custom Shop guitars…$7500 for a “Mockingbird SL Custom”

Who is building these? Are Bernie Sr or Jr involved?

Appreciate any info

I just want a USA Gunslinger

....and a Warlock
....and a Mockingbird
....and possibly a Bich
0DE0FEDF-48E2-46CE-AAD0-CDE77CF629A7.jpeg

Here is my USA Gunslinger. Bought it new around 1990. Its an actual BC Rich model. Hung in the store awhile I think. Was in pieces for a long time, just recently put it back together. Now it has a black gotoh bridge and old JB pickup in it. Plays good.

A few years ago when Bill Xavier first took over the word was they were going to be farming the custom work out to several shops - Ron Estrada was still doing the majority of the work then but I think he's parted ways since...not 100% sure on that, though.

Pic or it didnt happen
It's probably in the background of half the pictures I post, but here is a placeholder picture until I get around to pulling it out of the case and snap a few new ones:
5866f4a21dab42c99a31779ae4e18032.jpg
IMG_20230321_234051002.jpg
IMG_20230322_003111999.jpg

Her name is Luci. She is a neckthrough and has an Ironbird headstock with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard. The original kahler and nut were replaced about 15 years ago and currently has PRS \m/ pickups mated to the original 10/6 circuit. I have the original super distortions somewhere around, too. It's had a few fret jobs in it's life and a refin. Long gone are the original tuners, knobs, and truss cover 😭

Speaking of which, it's been in my life since I was born when my uncles gifted it to my father and then he to me. The original case was stolen from me along with some other guitars a few years ago (it wasn't in the case at the time, thank the gods.) Although one of the guitars stolen was my father's Norlin LP deluxe which I still keep an eye out for popping up for sale somewhere, but I would have been crushed if Luci had been with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A high quality Ironbird would be so sweet. Doubt they ever release the next batch from Korea. I wish ESP or something would just take them over so they could get their shit together lol.

The bolt-on US models were being built at Iconic Guitars, at least for a while. I have a friend who works there and he built the Warlock models that Metallica presented to the kid from Stranger Things.

So, before I lucked into my ignitor

(Gratuitous pic)

PXL_20220318_190654731.MP.jpg

I inquired with the custom shop to see how much it would cost to build one

Screenshot_20230322-091647.png

Apparently they START at 5500$

Which, for what I wanted (ignitor hard tail, black) would be ridiculous and insane

I really lucked out

Back