Seller full disclosure and honesty

mightywarlock

Listen. If you’re going to sell some thing in the Classifieds here, and you advertise something as excellent condition. But then, when you ship it, you ship it with the incorrect power supply, missing, rubber, feet, missing cables and only $50-$75 less than brand new in the box from Sweetwater, I’m not so sure that still classifies as excellent condition. Even if the item in question is still functioning properly. Not going to call anybody out here, but let’s just say I bought some thing in the classifieds, and it’s got the incorrect power supply in the box, and it’s missing cables. And it was an expensive item. Literally not much more to buy it. Brand new with no issues. So not very happy with this purchase. If you’re going to sell something, be honest please this is a small community, and we all count on each other, being honest when we buy and sell gear.
******************************************************************************************************************
I just wanted to update this thread.
I have been on RigTalk for a very long time now. Many many years. I think when we’re dealing with a music community that’s this small, we typically expect certain things. The product in question was advertised as excellent condition. And was priced very close to brand new, and as such, I guess I was expecting it to be like brand new condition. With everything in the box. As new, it was my surprise when I opened the box and saw that it wasn’t, and had a different power supply and was missing a cable.
However,
The seller took care of the issue. Offered a full refund, which I decided to NOT take him up on. It was a minor issue and didn’t see the need to ship back wasting more money when items are replaceable.
But he stepped up and ordered me the correct items that were missing, he said he didn’t know there was an issue And apologize for the missing cable. All is well with the seller, And I would still recommend the seller because of the way everything was handled.

However, Let this be a reminder…to everyone…
whenever you list anything in the classifieds, some of us do care about missing things, or damaged items, and all we need is full disclosure. Once we have that knowledge, we can then make the decision, whether or not to buy the item in question. Example of this would be a Guitar pick up that has a short wire. Or may be a Guitar with some scratches or dents or minor damage. Some people like perfection, and some people are OK with work horses. As long as they are advertised as such, it’s up to the customer to make a decision. the buyer makes the decision whether to spend their money when they know what they’re spending it on.
I was only upset because the item in question wasn’t fully advertised as missing items, and I was disappointed when I opened the box and saw inside a different brands power supply. Everything else was minor.

But like I said, the seller took care of it, so it all ended well.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Listen. If you’re going to sell some thing in the Classifieds here, and you advertise something as excellent condition. But then, when you ship it, you ship it with the incorrect power supply, missing, rubber, feet, missing cables and only $50-$75 less than brand new in the box from Sweetwater, I’m not so sure that still classifies as excellent condition. Even if the item in question is still functioning properly. Not going to call anybody out here, but let’s just say I bought some thing in the classifieds, and it’s got the incorrect power supply in the box, and it’s missing cables. And it was an expensive item. Literally not much more to buy it. Brand new with no issues. So not very happy with this purchase. If you’re going to sell something, be honest please this is a small community, and we all count on each other, being honest when we buy and sell gear.
Hey, I sold you that vibrator "as is" you knew what you were getting....

I've had quite a few of those experiences. Some are just out of touch with reality, some just don't care. I still get bent over "mint" pedals that show up with velcro that wasn't mentioned, with pubes and pet hair because they were too lazy to remove it, (likely so YOU tear the paint off removing it, and not them)...

Whoa…… not cool. I’ve had a couple experiences like that. I once bought an xtc and it arrived broken. The tech I took it to said it wasn’t the kind of thing that could happen from shipping it. I sent the guy messages, but he never replied to me. It cost quite a bit to get working again. I bought a high end pedal just recently and it showed up with no power supply at all, it comes with one, it also had a cracked screen and scratches all over it. The seller said it was mint and came with everything it comes with new. I would be ashamed to do something like that.

I'd be interested in knowing who's the Dbag, so I can avoid him. PM is OK, but maybe others would like to know as well?
The seller has good communication. And was willing to work with me to an positive end result. It’s not about the seller here. It’s more about full disclosure When posting an item for sale.

Please see the original post which I have updated above.

The seller has good communication. And was willing to work with me to an positive end result. It’s not about the seller here. It’s more about full disclosure When posting an item for sale.

Please see the original post which I have updated above.
No I do think that it is all about the seller. Yeah sure he or she is willing to "do the right thing" but that's after the fact. He or she would have been in as much shock and dismay if it arrived to them in the same fashion. On these forums it's all about trust. That's all we have. Seller pulled a bullshit move, got his ass spanked and is now doing right to save face. Should of never came to that.

This just happened to me, and I was the seller. I sent what I thought was the correct power supply, and it wasn't. So I purchased a new one and had it shipped to the buyers home.

I thought this was about my transaction until I looked at the OP's name.

No I do think that it is all about the seller. Yeah sure he or she is willing to "do the right thing" but that's after the fact. He or she would have been in as much shock and dismay if it arrived to them in the same fashion. On these forums it's all about trust. That's all we have. Seller pulled a bullshit move, got his ass spanked and is now doing right to save face. Should of never came to that.
The seller responded to my messages before ever even seeing my post. And he was waiting for my reply, as to how to deal with the situation while I was busy. We all know everybody has a different level of quality, which is what I believe I clarified in my description above. So, while I may have been disappointed, initially, the end result is just fine. And positive. sometimes these things happen when you’re buying something used. I just wasn’t expecting it because of the price.

It’s all good now though.

Whoa…… not cool. I’ve had a couple experiences like that. I once bought an xtc and it arrived broken. The tech I took it to said it wasn’t the kind of thing that could happen from shipping it. I sent the guy messages, but he never replied to me. It cost quite a bit to get working again. I bought a high end pedal just recently and it showed up with no power supply at all, it comes with one, it also had a cracked screen and scratches all over it. The seller said it was mint and came with everything it comes with new. I would be ashamed to do something like that.
Can’t you go to police in such cases?

People with OCD like myself would be bothered big time. Videocall verification helps sometimes.

Last edited:
It happens all the time. I fully disclose. Out of the five early 70's Marshal Superleads I bought only one did not have issues. Sizzling plate load resistors, twice. Bad choke once. Bad ghosting which turned out to be a bad choke. People really have no clue or play dumb with many pieces of gear.

******************************************************************************************************************
I just wanted to update this thread.
I have been on RigTalk for a very long time now. Many many years. I think when we’re dealing with a music community that’s this small, we typically expect certain things. The product in question was advertised as excellent condition. And was priced very close to brand new, and as such, I guess I was expecting it to be like brand new condition. With everything in the box. As new, it was my surprise when I opened the box and saw that it wasn’t, and had a different power supply and was missing a cable.
However,
The seller took care of the issue. Offered a full refund, which I decided to NOT take him up on. It was a minor issue and didn’t see the need to ship back wasting more money when items are replaceable.
But he stepped up and ordered me the correct items that were missing, he said he didn’t know there was an issue And apologize for the missing cable. All is well with the seller, And I would still recommend the seller because of the way everything was handled.

However, Let this be a reminder…to everyone…
whenever you list anything in the classifieds, some of us do care about missing things, or damaged items, and all we need is full disclosure. Once we have that knowledge, we can then make the decision, whether or not to buy the item in question. Example of this would be a Guitar pick up that has a short wire. Or may be a Guitar with some scratches or dents or minor damage. Some people like perfection, and some people are OK with work horses. As long as they are advertised as such, it’s up to the customer to make a decision. the buyer makes the decision whether to spend their money when they know what they’re spending it on.
I was only upset because the item in question wasn’t fully advertised as missing items, and I was disappointed when I opened the box and saw inside a different brands power supply. Everything else was minor.

But like I said, the seller took care of it, so it all ended well.
Thanks!
Private Message me about idiot .
I think we deserve to know !!! .

I've had quite a few of those experiences. Some are just out of touch with reality, some just don't care. I still get bent over "mint" pedals that show up with velcro that wasn't mentioned, with pubes and pet hair because they were too lazy to remove it, (likely so YOU tear the paint off removing it, and not them)...

I'd pay extra for the pubes tbh

Selling stuff is a crap shoot these days. Some buyers are over critical of things and overreact. Not saying you did in this situation but it happens. I sold a brand new pickup on Reverb and the buyer messaged me a 5 paragraph rant on how I lied and cheated him blah blah blah. Called me every name in the book and accused me of mail fraud because it wasn't as described. End of the day, I was right and he was just a moron but yeah, selling gear is a fickle game to play.

Back