SQUAREHEAD

SOLD / GONE

*1996 Wizard Modern Classic
*Original with C Transformers
*Super Clean Condition,
*New matched EL34’s
*Runs flawlessly
* Quiet Ch switching - No loud pop
*Hi-Low input update done years ago by Rick @ Wizard, with plugged orig input.
*Master Volume installed by Dan @ Dr Dan Amplfication, works incredibly well for adjustments once you have channels balanced.
**This master is completely ‘out of the circuit’ (100% stock) when set at full**
*This amplifier is ‘the loudest’ amp I’ve ever owned. It’s a different beast than the newer Wizards with the V Transformers. It’s much more Marshall-like with that kerrrang in the upper mids.
Aggressive & Raw with C transformers.

…It’s just a little too raw and aggressive for me.
FD6ABA1B-E6C9-42C6-967E-FD01C82791BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Great amp; and as a Marshall head myself those C transformers make all the difference in a Marshall type midrange in a Wizard imo. I had a 2010 MC100 and it was almost dead nuts exact compared to my 83 2303.
🤟

Bump for an awesome dude and great person to deal with. This is THE Wizard I tried way back when I bought that Bogner cab wasn't it, Keith?
This is a legendary amp.

Hey T.L.👍
That one was a 1993 Wizard Metal 100W,
But this one is ( going from memory) pretty dang close to that one.
This MC has a little more bite, body and gain, but very similar.
I’m not exactly certain what the difference is between the 90’s Wizard Modern Classic vs Wizard Metal amplifiers.
To my ears, the Metal didn’t have quite the depth and wasn’t ‘quite’ as aggressive and tight as this one.
Some guys here probably have a better idea what the ‘technical differences’ between the two are. I have no idea.🤔

Back