What Happened to 3rd Power Amps?

MistaGuitah

They used to make a channel-switching amp with ni e cleans, crunch, and high gain that I liked a lot but can't remember the name of it. Did they go out of business or halt production at some point? I got very close but never pulled the trigger on one because they didn't seem to hold their value or trade real well. Didn't they make some kind of weird triangle shaped cab when they forst started? I don't know much about them but they not only appear to be operating but are making some very expensive pickups.

By the way, it seems rather presumptuous to sell pickups at top-dollar without any prior establishment. As far as I can tell, they're not offering anything extraordinary to justify the prices they're charging. Perhaps I could be wrong but that's just my perception from what I've seen.

You know about the pickups, which are relatively knew, but don’t know what’s up with the company, even with the use of this magical internet thing.
Trolls be trollin’.
Well, some of us are professionals with advanced careers and many responsibilities outside of work. Reading a company website is one thing, but it's easier to post a question for additional info from those who may know. See how elegant such simple logic is? By the way, it's spelled "new," as in having come into recent existence, not "knew" which has the meaning of previous knowledge. As for whatever trolls you're referring to, they're probably just butthurt snowflakes who can't tolerate differing opinions.

For a 3rd power amplifier experience on a budget,

A9D5D5CB-8A14-495D-A61C-D2B4D181788C.jpeg

Well, some of us are professionals with advanced careers and many responsibilities outside of work. Reading a company website is one thing, but it's easier to post a question for additional info from those who may know. See how elegant such simple logic is? By the way, it's spelled "new," as in having come into recent existence, not "knew" which has the meaning of previous knowledge. As for whatever trolls you're referring to, they're probably just butthurt snowflakes who can't tolerate differing opinions.
Christ, really, spelling, that’s your play. Sorry the stupid Apple auto populate got me as I was typing quickly and I didn’t catch it. You came in with a flippant attitude towards the company and seem to have the time to waste on here, to possibly get, or not get any pertinent info, when in less time you could visit their website and find out for yourself. But shit, you’re such an “advanced” professional with no time to waste so what are you even doing on here? The only thing you’re advanced in is being a douche.

While I disagree with his life choices, a handful of those amps are TOTALLY sick and would love to have a Citizen Gain, or even one of the original HD100s.

member on here is selling a metric ton of those triangle cabs. a bunch were Lenny Kravitz's. All different speaker configurations.

Christ, really, spelling, that’s your play. Sorry the stupid Apple auto populate got me as I was typing quickly and I didn’t catch it. You came in with a flippant attitude towards the company and seem to have the time to waste on here, to possibly get, or not get any pertinent info, when in less time you could visit their website and find out for yourself. But shit, you’re such an “advanced” professional with no time to waste so what are you even doing on here? The only thing you’re advanced in is being a douche.
Look Karen, don't get all butthurt about it. Instead of criticizing my "attitude," which you totally misunderstood, try doing something useful like responding to specific subject matter. If you have any doubts or questions then speak up and ask for clarification instead of making dumb "troll" statements in error.

I, in fact, demonstrated a genuine interest in their amps so your perception of my "attitude" is absurd. That also doesn't bar me from forming opinions about observations I've made about the company's other product. I never accused them or disparaged them or their products. As a matter of fact, I just asked questions and solicited opinions about the company because it's a legitimate consideration when considering the purchase of a high-dollar amplifier. You've been babbling about reading website information yet totally failed to read and comprehend what I wrote so spare me the pathetic carping about my attitude and use some common-sense.

Last edited:
Im kinda curious about the citizen gain amp…Anyone try it ? I recently bought one of the mag frag pickups , it’s actually very good.

member on here is selling a metric ton of those triangle cabs. a bunch were Lenny Kravitz's. All different speaker configurations.
I liked the look of the triangle cabs, IIRC it was WDW rig? I remember there was one in white tolex, 3 cabs and the two heads in a pyramid form

edit: this one!

3rdPower.jpg

Then there was DAR amps with those unique Russian military tubes, around the same time IIRC:

DAR amps.jpg

Last edited:
They’re definitely still selling amps. In addition to their gain offerings, those Wooly Coats seem to sell really well to the fender style crowd

I have a Kitchen Sink 6vel and the British side can pretty much hang with my 800 with few nice extra features.

I believe they made a 1/2 dozen rack poweramps. Apparently there wasn’t much interest. Maybe the lower power… idk. But there were supposed to be some orangish color to them to match the avid 11 rack. I wanted one a long time ago. Now. Not so much

Attachments

• 551DD116-7363-4310-9D67-1987D5C3580A.jpeg
    551DD116-7363-4310-9D67-1987D5C3580A.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 58
Back