Bluetooth Your Guitar to Your Phone?

BeZo

Seymour Duncan just came out with a new switch called the Hyper Switch that pairs with an app via Bluetooth. It works as a customizable 5 way switch for you to program whatever pickup wiring configuration you want with your phone. Anyone else curious about this?

I can't find much about it online yet, but I wonder how well it works. It would be neat to change the switch configuration without soldering anything. Does a digital switch suck the tone out of your guitars though? Bring on the "Real switch vs. Modeling Switch" debate.

Music Man had a system like that a number of years ago- the "Game Changer". The switching was digital but the audio path was analog.

This looks pretty interesting. I'm guilty of continually rewiring my guitars with different switching configs, so I'm interested in trying it out.

Last edited:
This doesn’t sound like a product for me, but it sounds like cool technology. I’ve seen some dudes with modelers have two outputs on their guitars for beck and bridge, which they can route however they need in a modeler. I assume this thing would also require mods to the guitar too.

That's pretty cool.

But as someone who years ago wired up an RG with every wiring configuration I could fit on a five way and two push/pulls only the realized that I could barely tell the difference between all the options, it's not the product for me.

Still cool though.

Back