JCM 800 gifted to EVH, then owned by Jose Arredondo - only $200k

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Thoughts? Would you pay $200k for EVH’s #1 amp let alone one gifted to him? I’ve heard many stories where people tried playing through EVHs amp and it didn’t sound good because they didn’t have his attack. Heard similar stories from friends who were lucky enough to try Dimebags rig. Perhaps this is for a collector?

https://reverb.com/item/31867109-1985-marshall-jcm-800-van-halen-arredondo-history

Someone with too much money to know what to do with will buy this. Unfortunately, to me, it is not worth $20K let alone $200K.

Made in Germany?
Mint? It is not mint.
It has been listed for 3 years?
The little plaques glued to the front look kind of silly. One on the back would have been sufficient.
I don't ever remember EVH using a JCM800, but I could be wrong.
Therefore, we have no way of knowing if he even played the damn thing.
If there was a reference point that EVH used this amp to record _________, that's different.

And this description right here says a lot.=

On this day after the ceremony Jim Marshall gave Eddie this amp.

Skipping to 1998,

That is 13 years where we have no idea where this amp was or what was going on with it. Just because it was given to EVH doesn't mean shit to me. Besides, he was given lots of things in the hopes he would like something and actually use it on an album/tour.

I dont think EVH ever liked the Master Volume Marshalls...

I read somewhere that he loved high plate volatges...
I saw a rack full of early JMP's on an early tour, along with 2 Plexi's, but Don't know much beyond that. They were all on..
I doubt any of the albums were recorded with them though..

Is a Larry. That explain the price and the wait.

The amp iself is not worth $600. The point it has emotional value for him, that is the price he will let it go away or otherwise die with it.

It is like a building company trying to buy your home, they may offer double of the market price and you still will not sell it. You cannot care less. But what if they offer 20 times the market value? Maybe that will make you let it go away.

Last edited:
I've never read or heard EVH ever playing through or owning JCM 800's . I also doubt he's ever plugged into it.

I saw a rack full of early JMP's on an early tour, along with 2 Plexi's, but Don't know much beyond that. They were all on..
I doubt any of the albums were recorded with them though..

You mean these?

OauQtfN.jpg

ajX6rwr.jpg

I've never read or heard EVH ever playing through or owning JCM 800's . I also doubt he's ever plugged into it.

Probably he did, the SLO is a modded JCM 800 afaik. The man who made the 5150 said that in studio EVH would use "a variety of amps" but did not mention any in particular.

Back