The Premium Jerks

i bought a guitar last week off craigslist for less than half what the going rate is which the seller was fully aware of, he even joked it was probably my plan to turn around and sell it, lets say now i never really bond with the thing and i do end up wanting to sell, is there a certain percentage off going rate i should sell it for to not be labeled an asshole to humanity?

I list things for around normal list pricing for this reason.

If someone really wants something, they will make an offer, and generally, if the offer is reasonable, I'll accept it - because I assume the gear is something they actually want, and I want to "pay it forward" to the RTers.

If I list things at the price I would actually accept, I'm just going to get a bunch of tire kickers and resellers.

I dont disagree, but what you and i dislike is synonymous with the cultural shift that has been prevalent in “western” culture since the advent of dedicated social media, of the past 15 years.
Narcissism is rampant; socio-economics continue to divide; the middle class is sliding towards poverty; and the population has become obsessed w consumerism; as well as with possessions apparently defining ones worth as a person in a digital construct.

This combined with a looming recession is a recipe for the over-extended bag holders on all these “collections” to have a REAL hard time coming up.
It sounds like we might agree on much but I didn't want to get started on all that. It's definitely a symptom of social decay - which is increasingly called "progress" these days.

That would explain why you are so comfortable lecturing people you don't know about what is "right". You don't get to dictate what someone sells their own property for.
You're just not getting the point of anything I said at all. If I'm didactic towards someone then it's because they struggle with rudimentary reading comprehension. You clearly don't understand anything I said from the beginning, clearly don't want to or can't, and only pettifog about things totally outside of the subject matter.

If you'd stop being reactionary, try to read more carefully, and seek clarification instead of making ignorant assumptions then you'd realize your butthurt is self-inflicted. By the way, I wasn't the one who mentioned education in the first place, but since someone wanted to go there, it's a game I'm easily equipped to play.

It sounds like we might agree on much but I didn't want to get started on all that. It's definitely a symptom of social decay - which is increasingly called "progress" these days.

You're just not getting the point of anything I said at all. If I'm didactic towards someone then it's because they struggle with rudimentary reading comprehension. You clearly don't understand anything I said from the beginning, clearly don't want to or can't, and only pettifog about things totally outside of the subject matter.

If you'd stop being reactionary, try to read more carefully, and seek clarification instead of making ignorant assumptions then you'd realize your butthurt is self-inflicted. By the way, I wasn't the one who mentioned education in the first place, but since someone wanted to go there, it's a game I'm easily equipped to play.
We got a badass "smart guy" over here everybody. Look out!

We got a badass "smart guy" over here everybody. Look out!
Actually, I am a badass and also smart. No, this is not bragging, but it SHOULD be the creed of every patriotic American to apply oneself always with a high degree of diligence and discipline towards mental, physical, and spiritual superiority. While most people are out drinking, watching TV, playing games, contributing nothing, achieving nothing, building nothing, and sacrificing nothing, some of us are engaged in disciplined training, practice, study and doing something of value in the eyes of God.

Therefore, ask yourself, "What's wrong with being 'badass and smart'?" People who scoff at being badass, smart, educated, etc., convey weakness, lack of discipline, and spiritual bankruptcy. I protected people and their property from dangerous criminals as a licensed, trained professional. When is the last time you knocked out with your bare hands and handcuffed 2 prison convicts twice your size, alone in a dark, in dangerous ghetto at 3am?

People like you hear something like that and think it's fiction, so you make a mockery of it and never even consider in your mind the possibility that it's the real deal. The reason is because you've never done it or even seen it done in person. Therein lies the advantage of powerful people - the doubt and ignorance of those who never developed any power.

So go ahead, mock, scoff, and make pitiful attempts at sarcasm in total ignorance of who you're speaking to, but it only shows how little you are capable of. Go ahead and ask any red-blooded American if they'd choose someone like you or me to stand with them when the storm comes down, or who they would choose as successor to sustain America legacy and the precious virtues of true patriots.

You want to make foolish remarks, then say the same about George Washington, James Madison, John Locke, or any of the founding fathers who were all diligent men of good education, courage, and faith. When in your life have you ever actually followed in their footsteps and been a man of true principle and strength? You never have, and that's why you talk the way you do, and it's why you don't have the discernment to understand people like me.

Actually, I am a badass and also smart. No, this is not bragging, but it SHOULD be the creed of every patriotic American to apply oneself always with a high degree of diligence and discipline towards mental, physical, and spiritual superiority. While most people are out drinking, watching TV, playing games, contributing nothing, achieving nothing, building nothing, and sacrificing nothing, some of us are engaged in disciplined training, practice, study and doing something of value in the eyes of God.

Therefore, ask yourself, "What's wrong with being 'badass and smart'?" People who scoff at being badass, smart, educated, etc., convey weakness, lack of discipline, and spiritual bankruptcy. I protected people and their property from dangerous criminals as a licensed, trained professional. When is the last time you knocked out with your bare hands and handcuffed 2 prison convicts twice your size, alone in a dark, in dangerous ghetto at 3am?

People like you hear something like that and think it's fiction, so you make a mockery of it and never even consider in your mind the possibility that it's the real deal. The reason is because you've never done it or even seen it done in person. Therein lies the advantage of powerful people - the doubt and ignorance of those who never developed any power.

So go ahead, mock, scoff, and make pitiful attempts at sarcasm in total ignorance of who you're speaking to, but it only shows how little you are capable of. Go ahead and ask any red-blooded American if they'd choose someone like you or me to stand with them when the storm comes down, or who they would choose as successor to sustain America legacy and the precious virtues of true patriots.

You want to make foolish remarks, then say the same about George Washington, James Madison, John Locke, or any of the founding fathers who were all diligent men of good education, courage, and faith. When in your life have you ever actually followed in their footsteps and been a man of true principle and strength? You never have, and that's why you talk the way you do, and it's why you don't have the discernment to understand people like me.
i was with you for a minute, but im gonna have to break ties.... and add you to my ignore list.
Mentions of faith, stories of physical prowess, and allegories to historical figures, huh...

Sorry. it could have been fun, but you got WAY, WAY too weird by the end of the first date....

Reminder: talking down to others, whether they deserve it or not, is a sign of dimished self-worth, as well as a hallmark of bullies.

Last edited:

I'm sorry...I literally can't tell if your being serious, or not. This seems to smell equally of satirical humor and sarcasm. In either case, it's very funny.

i was with you for a minute, but im gonna have to break ties.... and add you to my ignore list.
Mentions of faith, stories of physical prowess, and allegories to historical figures, huh...

Sorry. it could have been fun, but you got WAY, WAY too weird by the end of the first date....

Reminder: talking down to others, whether they deserve it or not, is a sign of dimished self-worth, as well as a hallmark of bullies.
Sorry but you need to read more carefully because I didn't bully anyone. In fact, I had been trying to discuss the subject matter but the dude wanted to perseverate with personal attacks so I let him have it. You need to look at the actions and ask yourself if that person said anything at any point that contributed positively or at least relevant to the discussion. If you're going to criticize dude, then at least figure out who is at fault first. If you're so offended that I snap back to people who make personal attacks then you, in fact, have demonstrated "a sign of diminished self-worth, as well as a hallmark of bullies." So go ahead and put me on your silly little ignore list because if anything you said was actually valid, then you would have just ignored me and not advertised it.

By the way, there's no need to "break ties" that never existed. You're no loss to me whatsoever so don't grossly overestimate your own worth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Geo

You want to make foolish remarks, then say the same about George Washington, James Madison, John Locke, or any of the founding fathers who were all diligent men of good education, courage, and faith. When in your life have you ever actually followed in their footsteps and been a man of true principle and strength? You never have, and that's why you talk the way you do, and it's why you don't have the discernment to

I'm quoting this cause it's hillarious and I dont want you to delete it when you come down from the paint fumes.

I'm sorry...I literally can't tell if your being serious, or not. This seems to smell equally of satirical humor and sarcasm. In either case, it's very funny.
Have you ever lifted the front end of a Ford Thunderbird over a curb for someone who was stuck in a parking lot? What if that guy was only 5'8" with an average looking build and not some powerlifter? To you it seems impossible so you can't discern whether it's reality or fallacy, and err on the side of fallacy.

Having never pulled off such a feat of strength, you react in skepticism. If the person who told you that was really well-built, you might be inclined to believe them to some extent. However, if the person who told you that was an average looking guy, it wouldn't seem possible to you. However, if you spent years training and then found incredible strength in the heat of a crisis, then you would not be so inclined to just write people off.

You think like you do because you've never strived beyond what you think is possible. If someone tells me a tall tale, I'm smart enough to not just disregard them and do some fundamental things like ask questions and gather facts. People with small minds think small.

Here's a little insight into how small minds work: If I claimed to be a great guitar player but you never saw me play, your assessment would likely be the result of favor rather than discernment. If I was someone you considered a friend or ally, you would be inclined to believe them. However, if you perceive me as an adversary, you would be inclined to scoff. To the former, you would be unlikely to challenge, but to the latter, you would challenge boldly in hopes of humiliating them.

I suggest you learn to think bigger. Learn to ask questions, gather facts, and use logical reasoning. Assess your own capabilities and accomplishments honestly, and don't measure others by your own limitations and inadequacies. Then, perhaps, you will gain better discernment.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Just like anything else, like real estate, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Just like anything else, like real estate, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
And that final number is what you put in your pocket or bank account after the sale.

There's no shortage of things I see for sale that elicit the "WTF!?!? no way they'll ever get that!!!!". But who knows what they really get in the final sale/trade? Though I digress.....of course I don't have to buy "IT".

What concerns me more than all this is the possiblity of a CBDC and the somewhat silent buy in by the FOMC/Federal Reserve.

Not to take away from or disrespect the thread OP though.......yeah brother I get it, but there's nothing we can do about it except "not buy it". School of hard knocks shows me to not waste energy on things I can't do anything about.

I hope I'm wrong about this, and forgive me if you can as I believe many are fatigued of socio-political-economic discussions and debates. But I believe most of this will be mute/eclipsed by far greater problems with US "house of cards-bubblicious-terminally-over-leveraged" economy.

Love you guys.....too bad we can't discuss things without the insults and snark. Oh well.....just the way it is ;(

Have you ever lifted the front end of a Ford Thunderbird over a curb for someone who was stuck in a parking lot? What if that guy was only 5'8" with an average looking build and not some powerlifter? To you it seems impossible so you can't discern whether it's reality or fallacy, and err on the side of fallacy.

Having never pulled off such a feat of strength, you react in skepticism. If the person who told you that was really well-built, you might be inclined to believe them to some extent. However, if the person who told you that was an average looking guy, it wouldn't seem possible to you. However, if you spent years training and then found incredible strength in the heat of a crisis, then you would not be so inclined to just write people off.

You think like you do because you've never strived beyond what you think is possible. If someone tells me a tall tale, I'm smart enough to not just disregard them and do some fundamental things like ask questions and gather facts. People with small minds think small.

Here's a little insight into how small minds work: If I claimed to be a great guitar player but you never saw me play, your assessment would likely be the result of favor rather than discernment. If I was someone you considered a friend or ally, you would be inclined to believe them. However, if you perceive me as an adversary, you would be inclined to scoff. To the former, you would be unlikely to challenge, but to the latter, you would challenge boldly in hopes of humiliating them.

I suggest you learn to think bigger. Learn to ask questions, gather facts, and use logical reasoning. Assess your own capabilities and accomplishments honestly, and don't measure others by your own limitations and inadequacies. Then, perhaps, you will gain better discernment.
Dude, you are HIM. The one and only, former poster who threatened to kick someone’s ass on a golf course in Texas!

Unless you’re not, then I’m mistaken. 😬

When it comes to buying/selling, the market is what it is. My 08/09 Charvels have become collectible…going for 2K +. If I sell one, I’d ask 2K…but mostly because it’s been upgraded to an 86 OFR, titanium block, Trem stop, cream pup rings and cream Tone Nerd pups, and is in NOS condition.

Back