PRIZE ANNOUNCED for upcoming guitar contest part II CHECK IT OUT!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38657
  • Start date

Strat-ish Shape? V Shape? LP Shape? Bass Shape?

• Strat-ish

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Veeeeeeeeee

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Less Paul

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • All your bass

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I don't win, can I at least get a picture of a "strat'ish" guitar so I feel like I belong?
A little something to wet your appetite, Matt:
iu

:ROFLMAO:

Last few hours to get in your vote. Which instrument would you like to see in the next stringed contest? Do you want to see the ones that didn't make the cut or should I save them for later? Will be posting more soon, in the meantime check out the other guitar contest going until Friday the 31st if you haven't already. Thanks community!

I don’t have a comfortable strap, and actually never used to sit with a strap. Struggle to find comfortable way to sit with a guitar either in general. And I can’t play standing. I guess I’ll need to get a strap if I win a V :)
if it's a Jackson Rhoads, you can sit classical style though the neck dives, you can lock it in with your picking/strumming elbow

if it's a Jackson Rhoads, you can sit classical style though the neck dives, you can lock it in with your picking/strumming elbow
Sounds like a lot of work lol
I havent even won anything in the first place, so we’ll see 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: rsm
Sounds like a lot of worl lol
I havent even won anything in the first place, so we’ll see 😂
good to practice standing up too, IMO. Depending on the guitar, you can adjust the strap to keep the guitar in the same position sitting or standing, could be a good way to start.

For some guitars, I prefer them higher up (my jag / and jazz box), a little lower (strat), and very low slung, like Paul's in my avatar

good to practice standing up too, IMO. Depending on the guitar, you can adjust the strap to keep the guitar in the same position sitting or standing, could be a good way to start.

For some guitars, I prefer them higher up (my jag / and jazz box), a little lower (strat), and very low slung, like Paul's in my avatar
It just feels a litte less stable from what I remember when trying and a little bit harder in a way. I’m not such a great player, bear that in mind. But advice is solid, thanks. Imagine one day Papa Het invites me on stage and I can’t play shit. That would be lame lol

It just feels a litte less stable from what I remember when trying and a little bit harder in a way. I’m not such a great player, bear that in mind. But advice is solid, thanks. Imagine one day Papa Het invites me on stage and I can’t play shit. That would be lame lol
we all started from zero, have fun and enjoy it too, not just learning skills and knowledge.

Like anything with the guitar, it takes practice. the more you practice playing while standing, the easier and more comfortable it becomes

we all started from zero, have fun and enjoy it too, not just learning skills and knowledge.

Like anything with the guitar, it takes practice. the more you practice playing while standing, the easier and more comfortable it becomes
Thank you for encouraging. I am quite motivated and enjoy playing. I just didn’t play for a long time because I was too depleted. Mostly I need to gain some stamina back and learn to play relieved, because I am too tense. Would love to have a teacher at least for one lesson to help me with that. Because speedwise, I can downpick MOP, just get tired fast. But I can sit and keep trying for 2-3 hours(with small breaks) without even realising how much time passed until left wrist starts to ache. If not that, I could go Vai-style 10 hours a day.

And my strap is a nylon Dunlop one I bought 15 hears ago. Guess the flames looked cool. Comfort? Not so much.

966CB636-ABDC-4859-8CDF-4E337676080B.jpeg

This is antique by now I guess :D

Last few hours to get in your vote. Which instrument would you like to see in the next stringed contest? Do you want to see the ones that didn't make the cut or should I save them for later? Will be posting more soon, in the meantime check out the other guitar contest going until Friday the 31st if you haven't already. Thanks community!
You should definitely keep the others a secret for now

Back