Recto Lovers - what would you buy now?

I do! however, I doubt it. Kyle's mods are pretty intricate and he has a particular sound, much like all of the other high end builders out there, and that's evident in his Recto mods. At some point down the road I'll do a massive Rectifier comparison since I'm stacking an ungodly amount of them at the moment. lol
Looking forward to this! What kind of lineages or revisions can we expect?

…And I believe they are marked as Rev D. Which is really the Trem version of an F. First Tverbs came out at the end of the Recto Fs.
Correct.
- The "Rev F" Tverb is a "RR-1D".
- The "Rev G" Tverb is a "RR-1E".

The serials are also in alignment with the Rev F/G transition.

F tverb.PNG

G Tverb.JPG

Now the rev-F tremo will become $80000000!

Not mine though, as it's a 99 unit. That is good though because I always hated their pointer knobs, and mine has the modern style, the ones where you can't see the settings lol.

How do you like it compared to his Marshall mods/rebuilds? I’ve got a 5 Gain Stage Marshall by him that’s killer, but his recto clips didn’t sound as good to me, although honestly I don’t really like the way any of his clips sound, but in person the 3 Herm Marshall’s I’ve tried (mine included) have all been great
Hey brother, sorry for the delay. Been on vacation 😎😎😎.

The biggest similarities between the two is in the feel. The recto/Marshall both have that same feel in the drag, that very immediate go/stop thing that his amps do. Sound wise;

Mesa
more growl, fuller mids
less clank
more high-end
punchier
stiffer/less bloom
less gain,
also less optimal mid gain rhythm sounds
Cleaner
Takes a boost much easier (eq pedal works better here)

Marshall
bigger
softer in the low end (not very soft)
tad tighter
greasier

Overall the Marshall is my choice of the two but I play the Mesa quite a bit more. Just suits my more modern style a bit better.

I like the tightness control on mine because I like re-dialing that when I plug in a different guitar. I’d recommend getting one for sure 🤘, and I know your picky haha

Hey brother, sorry for the delay. Been on vacation 😎😎😎.

The biggest similarities between the two is in the feel. The recto/Marshall both have that same feel in the drag, that very immediate go/stop thing that his amps do. Sound wise;

Mesa
more growl, fuller mids
less clank
more high-end
punchier
stiffer/less bloom
less gain,
also less optimal mid gain rhythm sounds
Cleaner
Takes a boost much easier (eq pedal works better here)

Marshall
bigger
softer in the low end (not very soft)
tad tighter
greasier

Overall the Marshall is my choice of the two but I play the Mesa quite a bit more. Just suits my more modern style a bit better.

I like the tightness control on mine because I like re-dialing that when I plug in a different guitar. I’d recommend getting one for sure 🤘, and I know your picky haha
Yeah it seemed in his clips like it would have a similar feel and tightness. Sounds like I need both lol. I wouldn’t describe the low end on the 3 Hermansson 5GS Marshall’s I’ve played as soft at all, but maybe it could be vs his modded Recto’s. I’ll have to try one eventually

Having more growl & richer/less hollow mids would definitely appeal to me since that to me is kind of its Achilles heal. I think it might just be a trade off for all its tightness & fast response. No amp I’ve tried has had it all

My Hermansson 5GS Marshall also has a tight knob and 3 way toggle switch for tightness range. Nice flexibility for sure, but I usually tend to just dial it in for maximum tightness & attack because it brings out the most fun for me lol. It inspires me to wanna sweep more and do the faster palm mute riffage

Last edited:
Yeah it seemed in his clips like it would have a similar feel and tightness. Sounds like I need both lol. I wouldn’t describe the low end on the 3 Hermansson 5GS Marshall’s I’ve played as soft at all, but maybe it could be vs his modded Recto’s. I’ll have to try one eventually

Having more growl & richer/less hollow mids would definitely appeal to me since that to me is kind of its Achilles heal. I think it might just be a trade off for all its tightness & fast response. No amp I’ve tried has had it all

My Hermansson 5GS Marshall also has a tight knob and 3 way toggle switch for tightness range. Nice flexibility for sure, but I usually tend to just dial it for maximum tightness & attack lol because it brings out the most fun for me lol. It inspires me to wanna sweep more and do the faster palm mute riffage
Soft might be the wrong word with it, it’s almost the way it extends out.

What are your ballpark settings? I’ll give them a try when I get a chance. Mine doesn’t have the toggle on it but when I feel I need something different I use an Eq out front to slightly shape it.

Soft might be the wrong word with it, it’s almost the way it extends out.

What are your ballpark settings? I’ll give them a try when I get a chance. Mine doesn’t have the toggle on it but when I feel I need something different I use an Eq out front to slightly shape it.
Ah ok, I thought you meant soft as in the texture of the notes being soft (not hard or firm)

Here’s a pic of where I have it now, but I haven’t properly put it through it’s paces yet through my legit setup (I just got it), so my settings could change from this. My opinions are based for now really on the other 2 I tried (weren’t mine), but I don’t remember how I dialed them in, but probably pretty similar I’d guess. I was also dialing them on for the most tightness and attack

EDIT: I don’t think the midboost toggle switch is where I normally have it either in that pic

Attachments

• 268BED71-96F8-4854-A228-FEA9C36CB370.jpeg
    268BED71-96F8-4854-A228-FEA9C36CB370.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I would still go for a 2 CH Triple, either F or G as they're natively tighter than the duals and call it a day. I'd still like to get another and keep it stock to go along with my Rev C modded one.

Back