Great Japanese Rythm section for Yngwie

Kapo_Polenton

The vocalist clearly doesn't speak english but who cares! While there are better YJM clones than " Kelly Simonz" ( lol stage name) , the guy has great energy and outfits. More importantly, the energy of the bass player and drummer in this performance are killer. It's like these guys captured the energy of 1986' Yngwie and bring that to the stage rather than the show we see now. It is 9 years ago though so who knows if they still have it but Simonz is still Yngwie'ing to this day.

For some reason I think one of their long time guitarists is a bit of an yngwie fan…

Most definitely but he mixes in a few differences to make it interesting enough while he plays in his Japanese Nightwish band :D. He plays WAY more than the dude in Nightwish though. He plays over a lot of the vocals like Yngwie does.

Most definitely but he mixes in a few differences to make it interesting enough while he plays in his Japanese Nightwish band :D. He plays WAY more than the dude in Nightwish though. He plays over a lot of the vocals like Yngwie does.
I’ve only really listened to I’m with BabyMetal and with Marty Friedman, but I’ve heard others just call him an Yngwie clone, so this thread was a good reason for me to go down that rabbit hole lol

First time hearing of this dude... band rips in that first clip.
Seems like a great player - may have to check more of the stuff out

First time hearing of this dude... band rips in that first clip.
Seems like a great player - may have to check more of the stuff out
I went down the rabbit hole and his band is killer, but it's mostly Blackmore/Yngwie/Helloween style stuff. It's cool though, but stuff you've already heard. I enjoy listening though because the band is just so dialed in and they enjoy what they are doing. That makes a huge diff. Compared to Yngwie's band now that seem timid and afraid of him.

I went down the rabbit hole and his band is killer, but it's mostly Blackmore/Yngwie/Helloween style stuff. It's cool though, but stuff you've already heard. I enjoy listening though because the band is just so dialed in and they enjoy what they are doing. That makes a huge diff. Compared to Yngwie's band now that seem timid and afraid of him.
Agree - that band is solid, interacting, having fun. I saw Yngwie a few years ago, and it was a pathetic joke. Band squeezed into the corner, doing medleys. A FAR cry from when I saw him back in the 80's & 90's. He has never been the same since his car crash & coma IMO.

Back