The Ultimate EL34 Based Amp

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

You are in the market for an EL34 based amp, money is not a concern, you don’t mind waiting.

But you can only have one!

What are you getting?

Can be any builder from the past or present…no matter how sketchy they’ve been or are :LOL: :cheers: :rock:

Fascinating so far, some usual suspects, other more unique choices

Surprised to not see even one mention of Cameron, Friedman BE100, Suhr or Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm...

I don't know

I've been through a bunch of amps at all sort of price points the last 10 years or so, and am currently sitting with a Laney GH50L w/ 34s. I don't really feel like it leaves me that wanting of other things.

Maybe something a little more "greasy Marshall" like a Friedman, but I'm not at all interested in a BE100, maybe a SmallBox or Runt 50.

Last edited:
Sm
Ummmm...

I don't know

I've been through a bunch of amps at all sort of price points the last 10 years or so, and and currently sitting with a Laney GH50L w/ 34s. I don't really feel like it leaves me that wanting of other things.

Maybe something a little more "greasy Marshall" like a Friedman, but I'm not at all interested in a BE100, maybe a SmallBox or Runt 50.
Probably because that's a smoking amp and IMO arguably the best thing Laney ever put out.

Lenz Amplification Hot Chili 100.

After owning and playing the amplifier
incessantly, I realized I need nothing else
but my ability.
It reminds me of everything I loved about
the Dino 939 minus all the switching and
how loud that machine needs to be to
give up the magic.
You completely forget the HC 100 has
various flavor’s of Marshall, each flavor is so damn good and volume roll off is on par with the broken
cleans of a Fuzzface with volume cut
back to 7.5-8.
You just start f’n jammin’ & jammin’.
A banger’ of an amplifier.

Attachments

• E73DE82F-95D4-4DE6-8DF9-527CE8CE872D.jpeg
    E73DE82F-95D4-4DE6-8DF9-527CE8CE872D.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
Back