510 tuning stability

I've got one on my Warmoth Strat. No locking saddles, just a TusqXL nut and locking tuners, and it stays in tune better than I could ask for.

Very nice, I assume you’re set up for dive only? Wish they made these in black.
Gotoh makes a black 510, just put one on a build I did in December.

I have owned the Suhr Pete Thorn with locking saddles as well as Suhrs with the standard Gotoh 510TS. I've also put the Gotoh 510TS on a bunch partscasters I've built. In my experience, the Wilkinson locking saddles provided no more tuning stablility than the standard Gotoh 510TS, doesn't matter if it is decked or floating.

No, f

No…fully floating.
VERY very nice then! :LOL:

Gotoh makes a black 510, just put one on a build I did in December.

I have owned the Suhr Pete Thorn with locking saddles as well as Suhrs with the standard Gotoh 510TS. I've also put the Gotoh 510TS on a bunch partscasters I've built. In my experience, the Wilkinson locking saddles provided no more tuning stablility than the standard Gotoh 510TS, doesn't matter if it is decked or floating.
That’s good to know, I did mean the locking saddles which are chrome only it seems, but it’s good to know there’s not too much to gain.

I actually need one of the 6 hole 510’s in black, which they do make but I can’t find one anywhere.

VERY very nice then! :LOL:

That’s good to know, I did mean the locking saddles which are chrome only it seems, but it’s good to know there’s not too much to gain.

I actually need one of the 6 hole 510’s in black, which they do make but I can’t find one anywhere.
This Modern's 510 is recessed and I installed the Wilk saddles. I have another Suhr Modern with the whole Wilkinson bridge, that's not recessed but also floating.

Back