Peavey 6505 original in stock now

With them finally in stock I wonder if this will make the peavey 5150's come down a little in price. Probably not though.

Something I haven't seen much talk about is the new cab that's being released along with it.

@Bad.Seed put out two videos, one with the new 6505 + new 6505 4x12, and another with the new 6505 + Mesa 4x12. Going by his videos, the new 6505 4x12 sounds fantastic and sits right alongside the Mesa for tone.

Kyle is the only person I've seen showcase that cab, or even talk about it, really. I wonder if it's going to become a hidden gem kind of thing. I'm really thinking about grabbing one to try out.

Sweet. Made in Chy-nah. 🔥💩🔥
I totally get why there`s more confidence in amps produced in the US, GB or let`s say Germany. But just remind yourself, almost every electronic device today is produced in china. Your mobile phone is so as well as your computer you are writing your posts from.
It`s more a question of "who produces it in China?" vs "is it produced in China?" and of course who Peavey chooses to produce their amps in the end.

I totally get why there`s more confidence in amps produced in the US, GB or let`s say Germany. But just remind yourself, almost every electronic device today is produced in china. Your mobile phone is so as well as your computer you are writing your posts from.
It`s more a question of "who produces it in China?" vs "is it produced in China?" and of course who Peavey chooses to produce their amps in the end.
Totally get it bro. I had an experience with Chinese made 6534+. Preamp tube socket was junk. Took it in for repair, had it fixed, and it failed again. Most likely a deeper issue, but I gave up on it. Hopefully QC is on point with these new amps.

Many people purchase Plexi clones from China because the prices are right . Don't know how good they are though.

And how stringent are the quality standards and quality control on the parts used as well as on the assembled product. Manufacturing isn’t something passed down through genetics. It’s a learned skill for everyone that anyone can learn. Most of the bad reps that exist are due to lax quality standards in place to save money on production.

WTF is the difference between this and a normal 6505?
Supposed to have an upgraded transformer. Same as on their Invective model.

From my understanding, there's also an upgraded tube heater line in the new amps. On the original amps, that heater line is grouped with other lines and sent through in a pretty thin little ribbon cable, and it's been known to fail. It did on my 5150 at least, and the tech said he's repaired quite a few 5150's with the same issue.

Techs usually just install a new ribbon cable but separate the heater line and wire in a sturdier, separate line to fix the issue and keep it from happening again. I think Peavey is now doing basically that same thing straight out of the factory.

From my understanding, there's also an upgraded tube heater line in the new amps. On the original amps, that heater line is grouped with other lines and sent through in a pretty thin little ribbon cable, and it's been known to fail. It did on my 5150 at least, and the tech said he's repaired quite a few 5150's with the same issue.

Techs usually just install a new ribbon cable but separate the heater line and wire in a sturdier, separate line to fix the issue and keep it from happening again. I think Peavey is now doing basically that same thing straight out of the factory.
Yeah that is true. There are some issue fixes along with the upgraded transformers.

And how stringent are the quality standards and quality control on the parts used as well as on the assembled product. Manufacturing isn’t something passed down through genetics. It’s a learned skill for everyone that anyone can learn. Most of the bad reps that exist are due to lax quality standards in place to save money on production.
Yes. So it‘s in the hands of Peavey if they put out a reliable product and less the fact of where it‘s produced.
You can have all the QC you want in China as well, it’s about who produces it over there.

i thought these would be a lot more than $1299, a 5150 is one of the few i dont have in my stable, im almost kind of tempted at that price

Back