NAD Mesa Roadster

ZEEGLER

I picked this up yesterday. It's a long time since I've owned a Rectifier, and my last one was a non multi watt 3 channel. That one was a huge disappointment. This one is not. Sounds absolutely crushing through the OS 4X12.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the rest of it yet, but channel 4 is exactly what I want in a Rectifier.

ynEt0w4.jpeg

KIgqzZ0

Send it to JT Amplification for his killer modifications to channel 3 & 4.
Right inbetween the Badlander & Recto.
The mod is very reasonable.
Honestly, I think he did Mesa Boogie a favor.
A true class act.
Keeps the amp near stock without adding R2-D2.
I owned a Roadster and instantly thought of that amp being the perfect specimen after JT modded
my RoadKill’ 2.
(RoadKing joke)
Only because it’s so much lighter and less risky to ship then the RoadKiller.

This forum is just too darned mod happy imo. I'd leave it as is and enjoy! It's already a great amp.

This forum is just too darned mod happy imo. I'd leave it as is and enjoy! It's already a great amp.

Yeah, honestly aside from the fact that I don't have a decent local amp tech anymore, I'm happy with it as it is.

Yeah, honestly aside from the fact that I don't have a decent local amp tech anymore, I'm happy with it as it is.
These already have a serial loop right? I'm thinking these and the Road King 2 were factory serial.
Yeah Mesa amps are definitely not fro the average tech. I'm lucky that I have a Mesa authorized/warranty tech within driving distance.

These already have a serial loop right? I'm thinking these and the Road King 2 were factory serial.
Yeah Mesa amps are definitely not fro the average tech. I'm lucky that I have a Mesa authorized/warranty tech within driving distance.

I was actually wondering about the loop myself. I've never had any use for a parallel loop, and I know I wasn't particularly happy with the loop on my last Rectifier which if I remember correctly was switchable between parallel and series (I could be wrong about that).

I'm going to download the manual and do some learnin'

EDIT: So yes, the manual says it is a series loop. Sweet!

Last edited:
Congrats!!! I've always wanted one of these but can't reconcile that much $$ for an amp I would only use occasionally
My Splawn is my gigging amp

Remember too that even with nothing in the loop you still can use the loop's level control to attenuate volume.
With it set at noon/normal the volume is reduced a lot already, which is needed for some pedals, depending of course on where the channel-volumes are set.

I always thought the loop levels were a boost/cut thing but my mesa tech showed me that they are actually attenuating when set anywhere below max 100%. The tone changes a bit too depending on how you set the loop level compared to the channel volumes.

When he modded my single rectifier series2 to the mesa series loop I had him replace the blend control (no longer needed) with a loop-level. Now I can set it at 1:00-3:00 and have much better control of the overall volume with the output/solo knob on the front. Before doing the mods it went from whisper quite to loud by barely touching the output.

Back