IK TONEX - Game Changer?

As usual the best reviews are from people that have never used the pedal.
Still has all the drama of a real housewives of the gear page massengill itch.

The Orange Pedal Baby has a EQ that isn't flat. It has a hump around 4K.

Anyone have captures of the Mesa Mark VII yet ?
No, but have a Tone X profile of a Neural profile of a Kemper profile of a fractal profile of a CCV :D

Made a free capture of my 1979 Marshall JMP2150. It’s a rare 100W 4 hole super lead style amp, but came in a 1x12 combo with a PPIMV. Plate driven EQ, 10k cold clipper. Similar circuit to some of the later Park amps.

https://www.tone.net/tonex/tonemodels/22365
21899CE2-63A9-48EE-BBF3-CDF67CD01D73.jpeg

Quick question , I haven’t looked into the unit much. What are the variables involved with capturing an amp. Let’s say I have a 5150 head and capture it at my home. Then I send the same exact amp to a friend and he captures it at his place. I’m assuming the sound of both captures will be different. What other hardware is used when capturing and does the settings on the amp matter ?

uick question , I haven’t looked into the unit much. What are the variables involved with capturing an amp. Let’s say I have a 5150 head and capture it at my home. Then I send the same exact amp to a friend and he captures it at his place. I’m assuming the sound of both captures will be different. What other hardware is used when capturing and does the settings on the amp matter ?

The settings on the amp are important. The load (or cab) being used with the amp is important. The reamp box, DI box and interface are important too as they'll determine how you set the amp (and when people with other gear use it, to make sure they're hitting it just as hard).

Most issues people have are down to these variables. If you get them right it works great.

Back