Most underrated Metallica tone

The heavy tone on intro just kills me. Probably get some hate it but it’s one of my fav tones

There are some very underated tones on Load / Reload, and the guitar sounds on Garage Inc.are fantastic. I feel like the addition of the Wizard heads really added some great textures to Hetfield's rhythm sound. His Mesa amps seem essential to his sound, but I would really like to hear him with a mix between the Diezel VH4 and his Wizard MC. I think they may really compliment each other. Just some thoughts.

There are some very underated tones on Load / Reload, and the guitar sounds on Garage Inc.are fantastic. I feel like the addition of the Wizard heads really added some great textures to Hetfield's rhythm sound. His Mesa amps seem essential to his sound, but I would really like to hear him with a mix between the Diezel VH4 and his Wizard MC. I think they may really compliment each other. Just some thoughts.
As long as Greg is producing we get hardwired part 2 and 3 and on and on . But I agree I’d love to hear those amps blended right .

Exactly, they have so much groove.
These records don't get the credit they deserve.
Load /Reload are one in my mind . Separated by a tour commitment. I love them . Epic long release . Garage was great tour . They got lost as to what Metallica was after that

but I would really like to hear him with a mix between the Diezel VH4 and his Wizard MC. I think they may really compliment each other. Just some thoughts.

not me, wizard dryness and that modern processed diezel sound is exactly opposite of what hetfield needs now imo, he needs more raw and angrier tones like he used to, i kind of want to hear him through the old tried and true boosted and scooped 5150

Load /Reload are one in my mind . Separated by a tour commitment. I love them . Epic long release . Garage was great tour . They got lost as to what Metallica was after that
Absolutely.
I agree, everything kind of fell apart heading into the late 90's/early 2000's

30 gal or 50 gal?
Can’t limit artistic expression to one size lol

I present to you the Lars Ulrich vintage relic’ed metal bucket snare tone collection!

Multiple sizes for all your metallic snare sound needs

D5836408-20B6-4A87-95DB-B351FAD7D816.jpeg

Those tones are great for those songs, but I bet if you tried to play the classic tunes on those tones, they wouldn't fit so well. Too fat and loose for those!

After the Black Album, Metallica became irrelevant to me, they sold out with Load and have tried to make up for it since then ....

Back