Best sounding metal amp you’ve ever played…

IMO the entire 5150 line of amps. Starting from the OG Peavey to the newest stealth versions and everything in between.

Sure there are lots of stuff out there that brings something unique to the table but is it really “better”. I don’t feel that way and I’ve owned Wizard, Bogner , Fryette, Friedman, Soldano, etc etc etc,

Been lucky enough to own some great ones - Wizard MTL, numerous Diezels (VH4 is king), various Boogie Marks, various Rectifiers (Tremoverb is king), 5150s. All great.

But I always return to the JCM800 with a boost. Single channel, no bullshit, extremely pissed off, muscular with that perfect bite.

No boost I'd go Wizard - very unique and very, very heavy.

Been lucky enough to own some great ones - Wizard MTL, numerous Diezels (VH4 is king), various Boogie Marks, various Rectifiers (Tremoverb is king), 5150s. All great.

But I always return to the JCM800 with a boost. Single channel, no bullshit, extremely pissed off, muscular with that perfect bite.

No boost I'd go Wizard - very unique and very, very heavy.
I really think I need to try a jcm 800. I remember plugging into one when I was a kid and thinking it sucked, because I didn’t know you could boost amps lol

i honestly love all my amps equally, every amp i have excels at something different and its really just what flavor im in the mood for that day. if it really came down to it though and i had to pick one for all i think it would be my cameron mig, its just the perfect mix of everything and has the best feel. ask me again in 10 minutes though and i might tell you my hermansson or crate :ROFLMAO:

For me, I just love the sound of an old 80's Randall RG100ES with a boost in front. Super tight, aggressive, nails some of those old Pantera tones. It's solid state, but that doesn't matter. It's the best solid state amp I've ever owned and for metal and it'll destroy alot of tube amps out there. Something about those amps makes me play so well too. Wish I could get another one, I really regret selling them all off ( I owned a total of 7 Randall RG's). Should have kept at least one of them.

Well, what is it?!

All you got to do is press that button in the middle that says "Overdrive" and stand back or at least move to the side of it because you don't want to be directly in front .(y)

gdko3bxdagik4tezpevo.jpg

For me, I just love the sound of an old 80's Randall RG100ES with a boost in front. Super tight, aggressive, nails some of those old Pantera tones. It's solid state, but that doesn't matter. It's the best solid state amp I've ever owned and for metal and it'll destroy alot of tube amps out there. Something about those amps makes me play so well too. Wish I could get another one, I really regret selling them all off ( I owned a total of 7 Randall RG's). Should have kept at least one of them.
I will always keep an RG100ES around. The amp kills.

Back