new rg100es day, PanterA clip

RaceU4her

snagged up this 86 rg100es today, also got my L500xl in my carvin v220 so i figured id do a pantera clip quick. all i did was copy dimes settings from some pictures i have except im using a ge7 and ashly pq16 instead of the mxr and furman, single 57 on a jaguar like im assuming terry date did. i scooped a little at 1khz like ive seen vinny talk about, a couple other minor tweaks and thats it, spent all of 20 minutes total.

https://app.box.com/embed/s/xlwami51kopnxj1vw0vxfvfeo1t6mtoz

j0g5epn.jpg

o1YrSf1.jpg

Sounds great.

Everyone should own one of these. Super easy to get a killer sound.

i have another one that i havent played in years, but this one seems to have way more gain and sound better than i remember the other one. sounds way better with regular boosts too, not sure what dimes thought was with multiple noisy eq's

Sounds sick!

There was someone arguing in another thread Dime didn't really use these to record. Um... sounds pretty Dime-ish to me here.

Sounds sick!

There was someone arguing in another thread Dime didn't really use these to record. Um... sounds pretty Dime-ish to me here.

im always down to debunk bullshit :ROFLMAO: its in the ballpark, if i really tried instead of just using the settings from pictures that were from his live rig i could probably get closer, im not really palm muting right either, i should have listened to the song before i actually recorded. im not looking to chase dimes tone but that thread did get me curious

Sounds Dimish to me also. That is really good condition!

I had a Century 200II for several years. Always kinda wanted an RG100ES, but just never got one. Seems like it would be bassier and less modern than the Century.

Sounds Dimish to me also. That is really good condition!

I had a Century 200II for several years. Always kinda wanted an RG100ES, but just never got one. Seems like it would be bassier and less modern than the Century.

It definitely seems to have a little more low end than my century, the voicing seems similar enough though, I’ll try and do a comparison clip

i have another one that i havent played in years, but this one seems to have way more gain and sound better than i remember the other one. sounds way better with regular boosts too, not sure what dimes thought was with multiple noisy eq's
I play mine with a Peper's Dirty Tree out front. I actually like the 33 side...then set the TC side with a little more bottom end for some bounce.

Back