Why I won't buy GC used.... FAIL.

napalmdeath

"Yeah we just took this in.. The Iconic is a killer amp! Let me hook that up for you, bud"! No sound? Huh....

🤣🤣

Screenshot_20230412-142834_Gallery.jpg

Well, at least they had the impedance set correctly.
That's leagues beyond my locals who would have set it to 4ohms and plugged it back into the return.

Obviously the employee should know better...but...It makes me wonder how many younger players have grown up using just DI and IRs and don't have a lot of experience with cabs and heads.

Obviously the employee should know better...but...It makes me wonder how many younger players have grown up using just DI and IRs and don't have a lot of experience with cabs and heads.
I honestly doubt a person dumb enough to plug heads like these can manage to understand, DI boxes, interfaces, DAW's, amp sims, and IR's either, LOL.

What an idiot. Everyone knows a guitar amp requires a guitar cord between the amp and cab......
Right...the internal technology figures everything out. Electrons take the path of least resistance, duh! Just make sure that cord is plugged in somewhere.

Zooming in shows it is indeed a 14 gauge speaker cable as well. Nailed it :LOL:

I honestly doubt a person dumb enough to plug heads like these can manage to understand, DI boxes, interfaces, DAW's, amp sims, and IR's either, LOL.
I know people who have played in gigging bands for decades who use instrument cables for speakers. Nothing surprises me. Different folks with different experiences and knowledge.

I remember jamming through a H&K Duotone and one of the moron salesman came up to me and asked how I liked it. Then he proceeded to tell me after "dude you need to try a tube amp, check out that Marshall TSL over there we have". I tried to tell him the Duotone was a tube amp and he insisted it wasn't....when the fkn amp panel is made of plexiglass and you can see the tubes glowing in them LMAO!!

I actually like the random city GC stores. They are full of morons and half of the time don't know what they have and price used gear at a steal. Its how I got my first Mesa MKIII red stripe with factory R2 mod for $400 when they normally sold for 600-800 at the time.

I remember jamming through a H&K Duotone and one of the moron salesman came up to me and asked how I liked it. Then he proceeded to tell me after "dude you need to try a tube amp, check out that Marshall TSL over there we have". I tried to tell him the Duotone was a tube amp and he insisted it wasn't....when the fkn amp panel is made of plexiglass and you can see the tubes glowing in them LMAO!!

I actually like the random city GC stores. They are full of morons and half of the time don't know what they have and price used gear at a steal. Its how I got my first Mesa MKIII red stripe with factory R2 mod for $400 when they normally sold for 600-800 at the time.
Talking shop with GC staff is one of my favorite past times. While there are a few guys that know about the gear, so many of them are clueless.

Around 10 years ago I scored a 1959 slp from them for $650 the day it came in. I don't know what is more sad though, the fact they didn't know what they had or that someone was so desperate he took even less for it.

I once had a GC salesman try to to convince me that a little solid state amp that was on sale for a little over 100 bucks was an all tube amp.
I laughed and asked if he was serious? Yes he was. LOL

Back