What is your #1 axe, and why?

Texsunburst59

Out of the 40+ guitars in my collection, my
09 PRS DGT is the most versatile guitar.

It sounds great covering a lot of different styles of music.

The split humbucker tones sound great on this guitar.

5C028717-2DD2-4F6E-84FC-751BDF5EE1B9.png

8C9EA161-BA8A-4F17-8F86-A763A8A0C011.jpeg

This is great man.
See, so much better than searching for and bumping old threads. :yes:
Although I'll give you credit. You mostly bumped generic 'what is your....' type threads :D
But now that I think about it we just had a thread like this. 🤫
Oh well. Have fun with your thread man. Didn't mean to give you shit.

Here's mine. Schecter C1+. It was cheap but decent quality. Great resonance. It rings when play unplugged. Neck is perfect for me. I had to upgrade the pickups though. Now SD Custom Custom TB11 and '59.

JrGtDGS.jpg

now...

FM3I0K2.jpg

Last edited:
This is great man.
See, so much better than searching for and bumping old threads. :yes:
Although I'll give you credit. You mostly bumped generic 'what is your....' type threads :D
But now that I think about it we just had a thread like this. 🤫
Oh well. Have fun with your thread man. Didn't mean to give you shit.

Here's mine.

JrGtDGS.jpg

now...

FM3I0K2.jpg
II all good.

No butt hurt here.

Prolly my PRS 20th anniversary Custom. Hate the color but it plays great in almost every musical style I play. My Ibanez plays better but this sounds better.

Attachments

• 07509C0C-6A03-4C93-9CC9-637E8D9F22B0.jpeg
    07509C0C-6A03-4C93-9CC9-637E8D9F22B0.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 34
Any old non trem jackson king v...killer tone, upper access and well balanced, stays in tune. The neck profile is like the rest of the guitar, perfection. I like having 24 frets but prefer my older 22 fret models to the mustaine KV1. There is a difference. Two of mine have SS frets, one is a 22 and the other is a early custom RR1T. That plays as well as any of the others. Old Jackson's are the best ever made. I have not been able to take my hands off this since Sblue made it happen for me. Always grateful 🙏
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/ngd-86-king-v.252358/

Last edited:
Body is a Warmoth from my first partscaster build 20+ years ago. It was originally SSS but it's been routed for HH and had several necks and pickguards on it over the years. It was my main gigging guitar back when I did that. Neck is a Warmoth only a couple years old. Body always sounded good, not Stratty but actually more Les Paul-ish, and once I put this neck on (temporarily I thought) I couldn't take it off. They have a synergy. Just gave it a new pickguard. 3-way blade switch plus a toggle kill switch.
IMG-0794.jpg

Here's a pic I found from 2003 with original neck (Braz RW board) and the EMG David Gilmour set...the original setup. I believe at the beautiful Titusville HoJos Lounge (dirtiest power ever).
Warmoth-Strat.jpg

Last edited:
59 neck P/up sounds amazing
I've tried it in some guitars and hated it but my Warmoth above has had a '59n in it ever since I made it HH which was not long after I built it. Lots of bridge pickups have come and gone (currently a Jalen Fair Warning which is in the JB neighborhood) but that one remained.

Lately it’s either the Gilmour Strat-
IMG_1888.jpeg

Or the Edwards LPC-

IMG_3309.jpeg

I just joined a cover band recently just to play live once or twice a month, the guitarist was over my house last week to go over some tunes and get to know each other, “You must be a big EMG fan?”

I actually haven’t been for the majority of my life but they certainly serve their purpose in these guitars! Though for this band, I’ll most likely end up using the Orville LP with the Aldrich in the bridge.

My true #1 will probably always be my Hamer USA Californian as it's the guitar I've owned the longest and have by far played the most gigs with (and of course it's an incredible instrument)

I will say though that I ordered my custom Dark Matter to basically be a headless version of my Cali (same general specs) and it came out perfect; truly an epic guitar and the one I've used most since I got it

Now the one I'm playing most is my new-to-me LPC - nothing else really sounds like a real les paul and the setup on mine is damn near perfection. Really the only thing negative thing about it is the weight :D

My true #1 will probably always be my Hamer USA Californian as it's the guitar I've owned the longest and have by far played the most gigs with (and of course it's an incredible instrument)

I will say though that I ordered my custom Dark Matter to basically be a headless version of my Cali (same general specs) and it came out perfect; truly an epic guitar and the one I've used most since I got it

Now the one I'm playing most is my new-to-me LPC - nothing else really sounds like a real les paul and the setup on mine is damn near perfection. Really the only thing negative thing about it is the weight :D
Hey Dev, I thought for sure that your new “Steal “ LPC would be your new #1.

That was an amazing score for a KILLER guitar.

Back