Mesa Boogie is Dead to Me Now

Well, just kidding. However, the prices have been raised again! What the heck is going on with Mesa Boogie? To tell you the truth, I love their amps and the Mesa sound but they were always appealing because they weren't real expensive before. I've pretty much lost all interest now because unless you want the specific sound of a Mesa amp, you can buy a high end PTP amp at their prices.

Man, the Rectoverb 25 is $1800 now???? What the...? The little Mark V25 is $2000??? Wow! How on earth did we get from $1299 to $1999 in just a few years? Well, whoever bought Mesa Boogie has loads of confidence because I don't know who can afford gear at today's prices.

View attachment 199390
View attachment 199393

I got my Mark V 25 for like $1199 brand new when they first came out. Got it from Sweetwater, as a matter of fact. $1999 is completely insane for that amp.

Are there some Cali-specific hikes on taxes/labor/ect.., that could be partially responsible for this degree of increase?

Thats what happens when McDonalds is hiring at $18 an hr! People fought for a minimum wage increase because they could make end meet back then. They raised the wage and that was a free for all for the companies to raise prices and use the excuse under the guise of Covid. Now everything is more expensive and people still cant make ends meet. Just a circle of suck...

I worked at a pizza place on and off for years until Covid started, I went back in the other day and prices were 1/3 more than they used to be, I said wtf?! The what was $33 bags of flour are now $50 and the cheese and everything else was up a similar percentage as well, I figured with the volume we’d pump out it must be at least $1500 a week they are spending on ingredients alone. Now I understand why the $20 L Buffalo chicken three years ago is $28 now

I worked at a pizza place on and off for years until Covid started, I went back in the other day and prices were 1/3 more than they used to be, I said wtf?! The what was $33 bags of flour are now $50 and the cheese and everything else was up a similar percentage as well, I figured with the volume we’d pump out it must be at least $1500 a week they are spending on ingredients alone. Now I understand why the $20 L Buffalo chicken three years ago is $28 now

A pizza place near me actually put their costs for ingredients up front by the register with 2019 and 2023 side by side. I can't believe how much Gibson raised the cost of tomatoes.

Dude, dual rectifiers weren't anywhere near $3000 a few years ago. You could find mini rectifiers all day long for $1199. The prices are now approaching double in only about 3 or 4 years.
Pretty accurate. I bought my Dual Rec from Guitar Center back in 2003/4 and it was definitely in the $1299-1399 range I think. And it was brand new. Prices today? 🤮

Price hikes are one thing but downsizing (or shrinkflation) is a whole other ball of wax IMO...

Yes, and they have the gall to repackage food as "mini", while also hiking the price. When I was a kid, a Klondike bar used to be about the size of a construction workers tape measure; now they are like the size of hotel soap bars.

Grabbed some take out cause it was late and just needed to feed the kids n shit. We hardly do fast food but decided to grab some Burger King. Four combo meals with 2 drinks and 2 shakes... $62 mfking dollars... I guess I better stockpile some fkn Doritos and stay away from @RaceU4her 🤙

I work in the Access Control/ Security Integrations industry. Anything with a microchip on it or in it has skyrocketed. Manufacturers are sending new pricing almost weekly now. Couple that with six month to over a year wait times, and it has gotten insane.

The day of "affordable" gear are gone. This is a luxury market. In 2002 I picked up a used Marsdhall Jubilee for $300 at Guitar Center. lol Won't find that price ever again. I bought a 1997 Trem-O-Verb for $600 in 2006. My first Mark IVB cost me $900 used in 2008. Those day are gone.

Mesa flagship amps at Friedman prices?? Here have one of these.
20230501_182826.jpg

Mesa was dead to me when my brand new Trem O Verb had it's internals go bad. Yes it was 20 ish years ago, though that sound sucks anyways...

Dude, dual rectifiers weren't anywhere near $3000 a few years ago. You could find mini rectifiers all day long for $1199. The prices are now approaching double in only about 3 or 4 years.
What you're describing has happened across a very wide range of products..

Mesas are made in California..a very heavily taxed state and I'm sure employees cost are enormous along with material costs going thru the roof..

Maybe get this guy on the horn and yell at him for a bit about you're Boogies costing so much...:thumbsup::uzi:

1683014066481.jpeg

Reactions: Geo
Back