My guitar hero, SPACEACE guitar score!!!

BRENTrocks

Ace Frehley is my guitar hero. He is the reason I started playing guitar. I'm a HUGE KISS fan, have been since i was 8 years old. I even have his signature tattooed on my left shoulder (yes i had him sign my shoulder)

Anyway...we all have our guitar heroes, right?!

So, when Ace left KISS and started FREHLEYS COMET, Ace had a short time guitar deal with Washburn Guitars. Washburn built the AF-40V. Ace made no bones about the fact that he basically hated these guitars. He never played them live, at least i cannot find a video of him playing one. The only major appearance of Ace playing the AF-40V was in the "Into the Night" video. Why did Ace endorse the guitar??? Probably $$$$$???

So...the AF-40s were only made for a very short time in 86'-88'. They became instant collectors items in the KISS/Ace Frehley circles.

I scored 2 of these guitars from the same person last week!!! One of them is an original from '86 (the silver one). The silver Af-40 is signed by ACE!!! But this hardcore Ace fan also had an AF-40V that is so incredibly rare, a total unicorn!!!!

The second one i bought from him, the red one, is from 2005. Washburn Guitars re-issued a few of their most popular 80s guitars in 05'-06'. The AF-40V was slated to be included in that bunch, but for some reason, it never made it back into production for the re-issue. This Red/Black 2005 AF-40V was a prototype that was built for approval by the CEO and management of Washburn....THIS WAS THE ONLY ONE MADE!!! This guitar came from the personal collection of former CEO of Washburn Guitars, Rudy Schlacher.

So, needless to say, I was pretty stoked!!!!

Both of these guitars had been wall hangers...not played. So I had a lot of work to do to get them setup to play. Nothing more than some truss rod adjustments, tightening of loose parts, fret polishing, spraying out pots, new strings, etc.

The '86 has the Washburn Wonderbar tremolo system. The '05 has a Schaller Floyd tremolo system.

I got them both playing great. They are a lot of fun!!!

IMG_9227 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9229 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9230 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9231 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9232 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9233 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9235 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9236 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9237 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9238 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9239 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9240 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9242 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9244 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Congrats!

Never played one of those; but I did play a Korean made Washburn 15 years ago that was a nice guitar. Had the Buzz Feiten tuning just like yours. Stayed in tune well. Can’t remember the model though.

Ace Frehley is my guitar hero. He is the reason I started playing guitar. I'm a HUGE KISS fan, have been since i was 8 years old. I even have his signature tattooed on my left shoulder (yes i had him sign my shoulder)

So, when Ace left KISS and started FREHLEYS COMET, Ace had a short time guitar deal with Washburn Guitars. Washburn built the AF-40V. Ace made no bones about the fact that he basically hated these guitars. He never played them live, at least i cannot find a video of him playing one. The only major appearance of Ace playing the AF-40V was in the "Into the Night" video. Why did Ace endorse the guitar??? Probably $$$$$???

So...the AF-40s were only made for a very short time in 86'-88'. They became instant collectors items in the KISS/Ace Frehley circles.

I scored 2 of these guitars from the same person last week!!! One of them is an original from '86 (the silver one). The silver Af-40 is signed by ACE!!! But this hardcore Ace fan also had an AF-40V that is so incredibly rare, a total unicorn!!!!

The second one i bought from him, the red one, is from 2005. Washburn Guitars re-issued a few of their most popular 80s guitars in 05'-06'. The AF-40V was slated to be included in that bunch, but for some reason, it never made it back into production for the re-issue. This Red/Black 2005 AF-40V was a prototype that was built for approval by the CEO and management of Washburn....THIS WAS THE ONLY ONE MADE!!! This guitar came from the personal collection of former CEO of Washburn Guitars, Rudy Schlacher.

Both of these guitars had been wall hangers...not played. So I had a lot of work to do to get them setup to play. Nothing more than some truss rod adjustments, tightening of loose parts, fret polishing, spraying out pots, new strings, etc.

The '86 has the Washburn Wonderbar tremolo system. The '05 has a Schaller Floyd tremolo system.

i LOVE all those KISS/Ace posters (the guitars are epic btw)!!

Dude, true story,
Speaking of cardboard actual size characters,
Back in the late 80’s, me & my buddy stole’ a bottle of MadDog 20/20 from Kash-N-Karry
grocery store, we went behind the K&K
and polished that bottle off real quick followed by
stopping by the Video Store that was connected in the same shopping plaza.
-there was a human sized cardboard “LeatherFace” from
“The Texas Chsinsaw Massacre” gleaming from the front entrance of the store
Well, we hoisted that also, took in to a nearby wooden area which also had a small church close by.

Dude, imagine walking outta church, really feeling the Holy Spirit while walking amongst God’s beautiful wooded green Earth and…

What in the…. RUN MAN!!

True story,
-I lived 50 yards away from that church
which is now a junkyard.
Holiday, Florida…West Pasco..

Dude, true story,
Speaking of cardboard actual size characters,
Back in the late 80’s, me & my buddy stole’ a bottle of MadDog 20/20 from Kash-N-Karry
grocery store, we went behind the K&K
and polished that bottle off real quick followed by
stopping by the Video Store that was connected in the same shopping plaza.
-there was a human sized cardboard “LeatherFace” from
“The Texas Chsinsaw Massacre” gleaming from the front entrance of the store
Well, we hoisted that also, took in to a nearby wooden area which also had a small church close by.

Dude, imagine walking outta church, really feeling the Holy Spirit while walking amongst God’s beautiful wooded green Earth and…

What in the…. RUN MAN!!

True story,
-I lived 50 yards away from that church
which is now a junkyard.
Holiday, Florida…West Pasco..

This property where the church was located
was off Darlington Riad & US 19.

The next traffic light north is the infamous
Moog Road, the Moog Road Murderer
(the recent one)
A Uber Eats man was just chopped up to pieces,
stuffed into garbage sacks and placed on the side of his house for garbage night.
Seriously, Google it,
-the puke with the full facial tattoo’s.

I know of MUCH,MUCH worse that has happened within two blocks of where that man was chopped up.
Think back when there was no CCTV or DNA testing, cell phones.
Dude, you don’t wanna know.

I dig them both.
So much that I knew just the match.

I got’you some matching trouser’s Brent.

You gotta admit Brent,
-that rocks!!

Attachments

• 772A9B64-AE72-4CF1-8024-6C7B8482F11A.jpeg
    772A9B64-AE72-4CF1-8024-6C7B8482F11A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 29

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDE
Youre my new hero!

You always get great stuff, but this is so fucking cool!
Was just looking at an old ad for this the other day...

A little jealous...

Back