New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

The real test is how does it sounds vs the original or green versions (while using a pedal out front). I find my green version to sound insane with a pedal out front. So much so I had to get rid of my original 5150 since it sounded like a toy when up against the Uber.
Pretty much the same reason I got rid of my stealth. Just didn’t hold a candle up to my big three. Uber, rev e recto, and wizard modern classic. If it can’t hang with those 3 no reason for me to keep at this point.

Agreed, but honestly I never really cared for the way his clips generally sound, so I don’t read to much into it. I thought Reza’s clips of the Uber Ultra were some of his better sounding ones vs his clips of other amps, so that makes me more hopeful for the Uber Ultra
The older I get, the more I take things on a case by case basis. From a strictly sonic perspective, I think 25% of Reza's clips are very good, 50% ok, and 25% crap. I think the main reasons for such disparity are that a non optimal mic placement happened that day and/or a poor speaker pairing with a given amp.

The real test is how does it sounds vs the original or green versions (while using a pedal out front). I find my green version to sound insane with a pedal out front. So much so I had to get rid of my original 5150 since it sounded like a toy when up against the Uber.

Yep. I keep saying "we still don't know anything about the amp" which is probably getting obnoxious lol but you're spot on. Hearing a proper A/B shootout between the old and new Uber in the same rig is going to be the real key to learning if this newest version is really an improvement, and by how much.

Personally, I find it's tough to truly hear the difference between most Recto revisions or most Mesa Marks, until I hear them directly compared. I'd imagine the Uber series is not much different.

This sounds promising! It's cool that channel one can do the brutz as well...in that sense you could really tailor channel 2 to be a fat lead sound or even a lower gain crunch. I also like that the effects loop is foot switchable. Hmm which power section though?

That’s what I wanna know too. My original Uber has been for my taste in my top 5 high gainers of what I’ve tried so far. I actually though haven’t liked any of my pedals with it. Even my lowest gain boosts seem to just choke it out too much. Maybe it’s a different case with the Rev2 and pedals, not sure

Seems based on the clips like this new one can get tighter and more modern than the OG, but maybe not as wild, big or warm as the Original. Will have to see for myself

The older I get, the more I take things on a case by case basis. From a strictly sonic perspective, I think 25% of Reza's clips are very good, 50% ok, and 25% crap. I think the main reasons for such disparity are that a non optimal mic placement happened that day and/or a poor speaker pairing with a given amp.
Yeah I’d pretty much agree with that. I think most of his clips are in the ok to decent range for me, some come out better or worse than his norm here and there (probably from the reasons you mentioned). I at least think he sounds better than most gear channels on YouTube

I mean that bell curve is a pretty great result considering he basically plugs in a chainsaw into every amplifier he gets access to

Rare video of reza fronting a band

Just a heads up for anyone waiting on their preorder... I spoke with my rep at Sweetwater yesterday and he said the Uber Ultras are shipping out as they come in. Apparently they aren't getting them in one large shipment. They're trickling in one or two at a time. He said they're shipping out in the order that preorders were taken. He said I'm "near the top of the list" but they haven't gotten mine in yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks!

Fantastic walkthrough on that amp by Michael. The deep dive into the Metamorph and poweramp stuff was super helpful. However @thegame is right that Reza's video sounded more present and modern though.

Something to note here about how Michael's video sounded a bit more subdued than Reza's is that it just goes to show that the speaker cab and mic setup is SO important and will account for the vast majority of any given rig's overall EQ signature. The amp is mostly there to provide the gain characteristics, overall amount of gain, and dynamics, so that's the most important thing to listen for (it's really all you can listen for) in these amp demos.

At any rate, Reza's clips show how bright, present, and modern the amp can get with the right cab/mic setup, and Michael's video shows how extensively you can tweak with the new controls. Every bit of new info helps for figuring out if you can make the amp work for you or not.
Isn’t reza playing alnico creams?

Tossing the idea of grabbing one of these. Which version are you guys getting?
I usually lean towards EL34's most of the time but cant decide between el34/6l6/kt88.

In on this thread. Wondering how it compares to the Rev 2 and Twin Jet.
Have a twin jet think the TJ not as versatile as what other amp could do....I merely could getta nice acdc type crunch and the leads is pretty much done on a particular settings... it could have been my speakers probably..

Hearing both Reza clips and clips from Nelsons this Ultra would rip the TJ wide apart...

11745F26-9E12-4A68-A5F0-BBEE2B5433DA.jpeg

Back