Jackson custom shop vs ESP custom shop

I wonder if the bridge pickup location is based on scale length. I'd imagine the pickup would be slightly further on a longer scale length if the cnc machine still routes the pickup in the same location on all guitars
Oh, yeah, completely. But even 25.5" Jacksons have the bridge pickup further away from the bridge that most 25.5" ESP's and Ibanezes.

I have two ESP Custom Shop Guitars that are absolutely flawless and play like butter…

I have one Jackson Custom Shop guitar that is fine to play and sounds great but arrived with a ding from the factory and also the wire to ground the pickup was just floating in the cavity and never attached…had to have the wire fixed and get the guitar setup after the fact.

I also have a Jackson USA Rhoads that arrived with a stripped screw in the Floyd…but plays phenomenally and sounds incredible

I love all 4 of them but with a 4 year custom shop wait from Jackson and the insane prices, I’d get an ESP Custom shop guitar. Higher likelihood of a better quality guitar plus the yen is weaker compared to the USD so you’ll get more bang for your buck. Just my $.02

7568D1B4-5240-4854-9681-4F894D8C71C1.jpeg

E65AA790-2BD7-4755-AD80-5683EC0BD323.jpeg

CC043553-9CC7-41AA-999F-76669F2545C7.jpeg

3FB8F1AB-D7F7-41FA-912F-F8CF2322D4C1.jpeg

ESP CS is not Japanese anymore, is it?

There is a custom shop in the US but also one in Japan. You can choose whichever one you want. I believe there are more interesting options/models available via Japan based on my experience.

I’ve never played a USA ESP so I can’t say which one is of “better quality”

I am a big Jackson/Charvel fun. Their custom shop is small separat shop in the Fender Corona plant. They are using the finest woods from Fender custom shop wood stock ( write this info in the spec sheet)
I have two masterbuild guitars from them, and it was big adventure the full ordering process. The delivery time is very long min. 2,5 years, but the guitars are fantastic, and the guys in the custom shop are great.

Its important to make good visualisation to the order sheet if your spec is complicated or very detailed.

There is a custom shop in the US but also one in Japan. You can choose whichever one you want. I believe there are more interesting options/models available via Japan based on my experience.

I don't know if they brought over people from Japan to open the new US CS, but the Japanese CS certainly has the more impressive portfolio, LOL.

Unless you count the old NY stuff, which I'm pretty ignorant about, TBH.

I don't know if they brought over people from Japan to open the new US CS, but the Japanese CS certainly has the more impressive portfolio, LOL.

Unless you count the old NY stuff, which I'm pretty ignorant about, TBH.

Yea the old NY stuff is not something I ever learned about because while it all looks really cool, I’ve only ever liked the Japanese models my thrash heroes played

Don’t know how they transferred the “knowledge” from Japan to US haha although I’ve heard the two sides don’t get along…not firsthand so take it with a grain of salt lol

I just picked up an artist signature and it came from the custom shop in Japan. I thought it would be US based but admittedly I have no idea haha

I just picked up an artist signature and it came from the custom shop in Japan. I thought it would be US based but admittedly I have no idea haha
I could be wrong but all the artist sig models are Japanese made…at least all the artists I follow that play ESP (which in current times is admittedly an older set of folks and dwindling by the minute lol)

Which one did you grab? post some pics of you can!!!

I could be wrong but all the artist sig models are Japanese made…at least all the artists I follow that play ESP (which in current times is admittedly an older set of folks and dwindling by the minute lol)

Which one did you grab? post some pics of you can!!!
That's correct. I ordered an Olympic White Vulture - a James Hetfield sig. It was definitely made in Japan and an absolutely flawless guitar. I was dumbfounded how light it is, pretty sure the body is made of balsa wood lol
20230513_130930.jpg

I have two ESP Custom Shop Guitars that are absolutely flawless and play like butter…

I have one Jackson Custom Shop guitar that is fine to play and sounds great but arrived with a ding from the factory and also the wire to ground the pickup was just floating in the cavity and never attached…had to have the wire fixed and get the guitar setup after the fact.

I also have a Jackson USA Rhoads that arrived with a stripped screw in the Floyd…but plays phenomenally and sounds incredible

I love all 4 of them but with a 4 year custom shop wait from Jackson and the insane prices, I’d get an ESP Custom shop guitar. Higher likelihood of a better quality guitar plus the yen is weaker compared to the USD so you’ll get more bang for your buck. Just my $.02

Man your Kelly looks incredible though. Just awesome. The two used I was looking at, unfortunately the ESP sold before I could move my Mick guitar. The Jackson is still for sale. May go that route.

Man your Kelly looks incredible though. Just awesome. The two used I was looking at, unfortunately the ESP sold before I could move my Mick guitar. The Jackson is still for sale. May go that route.
Thanks! It’s all mahogany with that maple top. It’s a beast of a guitar post-setup/wiring issues

They make killer guitars, just don’t be disappointed if it arrives from the factory dinged and sort of unfinished lol

I’d have ordered way more Jackson custom shops btw, just the 4 year wait plus insane prices have held me back

Back