Ola's new album - The Chug Project Vol 1

Absolutely agreed, he’s also built a nice fun community vibe that I find enjoyable. The song titles are hilarious “please respong” being my fav so far

I think his tone is ALMOST fantastic... just the midrange gets a bit vocal at times.

But the songs are killer.

Ola is such a benefit to us all in the metal community.. I dug him from the start testing Bootique/High End amps in the way we wanted to hear them.
The way he created a living doing what we all love to do is just inspiring. I bought a Solar guitar and appreciate the value his company is providing with quality instruments.

Chunk-zilla on every tone...

Ola is such a benefit to us all in the metal community.. I dug him from the start testing Bootique/High End amps in the way we wanted to hear them.
The way he created a living doing what we all love to do is just inspiring. I bought a Solar guitar and appreciate the value his company is providing with quality instruments.

Chunk-zilla on every tone...
I like Ola as metal youtuber. I'm not 100% in line with the tone he sometimes goes for, and even though he's not a like an underground-only kvlt trve jackass (like some of us can sometimes be, LOL), he does play some pretty decent metal.

Last edited:
i just listened to it. its cool. it just seems a little "safe" or something to me production wise, like its solid but nothing really spectacular. i didnt expect to be saying the songs are better than his tones but i think it might be the case here

i just listened to it. its cool. it just seems a little "safe" or something to me production wise, like its solid but nothing really spectacular. i didnt expect to be saying the songs are better than his tones but i think it might be the case here
I'm pretty sure he just dialed these tones in pretty quick with some software program. It's not supposed to be a legit album really, just a collection of riff based tunes that he starts his videos with, he may have even mixed it himself, who knows? He does have a real solo album though with much better production that he recorded with a Mesa Badlander, I forget the name of it, Starzinger or something??

I'm pretty sure he just dialed these tones in pretty quick with some software program. It's not supposed to be a legit album really, just a collection of riff based tunes that he starts his videos with, he may have even mixed it himself, who knows? He does have a real solo album though with much better production that he recorded with a Mesa Badlander, I forget the name of it, Starzinger or something??

yeah the whole thing kind of sounds like a software program, which just seems a little strange to me cause we know he has lots of cool amps that are constantly mic'd?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't mix his own releases. He does dial in tones in plugins. I think that's what he did in his last album. But last album was mixed by Ermin something, I forget. Sorry. He was on coffee with Ola once.

I have that guy's mixing guide. It's pretty insightful. He knows what he's doing.

*Ermin Hamidovic.

yeah the whole thing kind of sounds like a software program, which just seems a little strange to me cause we know he has lots of cool amps that are constantly mic'd?

Does he want to listen to you play a collection of whatever you have laying around?’You ever play one of his guitars or the “Chugg” pedal?
Yeah, me either or subscribe.

Guess what?
Ola’s old news.
I already trumped his ass real good.

-this whole “Chug” crap..
I made a joke about a guitar player
I had recently spoken with that had just lost his job
from working at the local Sperm Bank,
-he got caught CHUGGING on the job.
Go chug a load, that’ll shut his ass up.

It’s now called “Punching the Grunt” or
“Punch in the Grunt”
-chuggs are for loose Rectifiers in need a of a boost., shouldn’t he know this?

He better watch that dog of his too.
Those f’kers bite outta’ nowhere for no reason man.
I’ve been bitten TWICE by those beefy sets of chomper’s, funny & cute.. ER visit-no so much.
Bud ain’t light after all is he?
Seriously though, the raddest dogs until they bite
your ass for no reason outta’ nowhere.

Back