New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

I would agree with this , having owned a few MTLs . Killer amps yes , nobody get butt-hurt. The midrange sits in an odd place for me though. It does sound and feel amazing when playing alone. Didn’t love it live in a two guitar metal band , I tried them a few times at band practice.

I personally liked the midrange of the MC2 more but ofcousre it wasn’t as pissed off as the MTL. So I think if this new amp has a pissed off voicing but has a bit more mid to upper midrange cut I would like it a lot. There is a certain character to the Wizards thus far that is classic or even vintage in nature . Which is cool but it makes sense for him to put out something that has a more modern voicing.
Agreed, well said. It’s an amp I’ve still kept for 6 years, so I still love it and not trying to make anyone butthurt lol. For me with both the MTL and MC1 I had it wasn’t so much where the midrange sat functionally that I didn’t like, but more so the quality itself of the tone in the midrange. It’s the same problem I have with things like Fane speakers or Hiwatt’s, although I still despite that also have 6 vintage Fane Crescendo’s that also sound phenomenal despite the bland/flat midrange character

I see the vintage aspect too. Wizards are among the very few non-vintage amps I’ve tried that I feel has a raw, organic tone very close to that of good vintage amps. If this new Hell Razor is a more modern take by him (maybe more complex/better quality midrange tone if we’re lucky lol) I’d be interested in one. One of my friends that plays in a tech death band actually bought a MTL himself shortly after trying mine lol. His playing worked really really well with it actually

it seems kind of apples to oranges comparing a legendary vintage amp to a new amp, but Id guess the average of a iic+ with an eq that actually sold is probably right around what these are gonna go for new. i get paying a lot of money for a hand built amp with spec'd out parts and all that, i dont think the price is insanely absurd, not insane enough to keep my debit card in my pocket if i heard something that really wow'd me, but at the same time it does seem a little crazy, i really cant think of any amps that are $4.5k new let alone $6.5k.
Different amps for sure but seems even crazier to me paying that much for an amp that old vs. something with all new components. I here ya either way it's a phuck ton of dough. There's quite a few new amps out there going for $4.5k, some Mesas, Friedman, Naylor, Diezel, just to name a few.

Hell’s already been raised by Run DMC.
So he’s a few hours late to the party.

Here me legit “Hell Razoring”

I recently as in a guitar shop and talking with these dude’s that were into Cannibal Corpse.
I remembered what the Slipknot guys did to the original Papa Roach drummer with their hot off the
press new record “Iowa”.
-they fucked his face up with the aggression in their music.
SERIOUSLY, he went to the ER and was admitted for a day.

So I went the same route but with this ruthless
riffage’ from these beast mode ultra dude &
played it twice for that dude right up in his f’n ear.

No ER visit for him..,
but he had to go home early from work at
Sam Ash,
-after his face was discombobulated from the pulverization from this killer CUT.
who the HELL wrote that?
That f’n thing from Jeeper’s Creeper’s?

Did any of y’all see the stuffed family of seven in a early 80’s station wagon with the license plate on the back of the station wagon
reading: -BEATINU2-
??
(From the movie Jeeper’s Creeper’s)

-that soon gets the front tire punctured from that demon boomerang amulet thingy, and he rips the whole family to pieces,sniffing & stuffing them back in the vehicle like “Sardines” as a
message & reminder for his final meal following right behind on the highway.

Even 2c+? hehe

for what i paid for mine and my other amps, yes i could make a bunch of four amp combos and not hit $7k. take out my iic+ and my four most expensive amps after that are my TripleG, cameron mig and my hermasson and monomyth origin i had built.. about as formidable a foursome as you can get and i paid $7.1k total. then i have my $400 6505+, $500 laney gh100s, $700 DSL half stack among others that can hang just fine with the more expensive amps and its just a big party. i like amp parties

for what i paid for mine and my other amps, yes i could make a bunch of four amp combos and not hit $7k. take out my iic+ and my four most expensive amps after that are my TripleG, cameron mig and my hermasson and monomyth origin i had built.. about as formidable a foursome as you can get and i paid $7.1k total. then i have my $400 6505+, $500 laney gh100s, $700 DSL half stack among others that can hang just fine with the more expensive amps and its just a big party. i like amp parties
Teach me your ways, Wizard 🔥

Wish there were amp parties in my country 😢

See. The difference between you and most of the rest of us is that you could make a half stack of dog shit sound good

:yes:

Hell’s already been raised by Run DMC.
So he’s a few hours late to the party.

Here me legit “Hell Razoring”

I recently as in a guitar shop and talking with these dude’s that were into Cannibal Corpse.
I remembered what the Slipknot guys did to the original Papa Roach drummer with their hot off the
press new record “Iowa”.
-they fucked his face up with the aggression in their music.
SERIOUSLY, he went to the ER and was admitted for a day.

So I went the same route but with this ruthless
riffage’ from these beast mode ultra dude &
played it twice for that dude right up in his f’n ear.

No ER visit for him..,
but he had to go home early from work at
Sam Ash,
-after his face was discombobulated from the pulverization from this killer CUT.
who the HELL wrote that?
That f’n thing from Jeeper’s Creeper’s?

Did any of y’all see the stuffed family of seven in a early 80’s station wagon with the license plate on the back of the station wagon
reading: -BEATINU2-
??
(From the movie Jeeper’s Creeper’s)

-that soon gets the front tire punctured from that demon boomerang amulet thingy, and he rips the whole family to pieces,sniffing & stuffing them back in the vehicle like “Sardines” as a
message & reminder for his final meal following right behind on the highway.

I thought i was finally able to understand you and you pull this. I live for the challenge.

you think so? I know they are pricey but I always assumed them to be around 4k. I was only joking about getting a pod for 50 bucks at a pawn shop....Like I said I would love to try one out but it's just more than I want to spend. But If that's your thing rock it baby!!!! I have only ever heard good things about them....and fuck camaron....I can't believe he's not eating out of a straw.
They probably would be $4k if we didn't have a commie dementia patient in office, with puppet strings of Obama and Soros. Dual Recs used to be $1500, now they're $3k for what used to be an accessible amp. Bogners used to be $2800 for the 101b and are now over $4k - so Rick's amps are in line with the monstrous inflationary prices IMO.

Back