New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

I know ya'll have talked through it a bit, but I'm really having a hard time imagining how this will be different from his current offerings. I'll have to trust @mhenson42 on this one

I think 75% of your amps would beg to differ, haha. On a serious note, how are you liking the Ultra?
Well I guess that depends on what "modern" means to you haha

The Ultra is fucking phenomenal. It has the uber filth with more dynamics and a ton more versatility. Also as someone who boosts amps that people say don't need a boost, I actually don't feel like the amp needs a boost

Well I guess that depends on what "modern" means to you haha

The Ultra is fucking phenomenal. It has the uber filth with more dynamics and a ton more versatility. Also as someone who boosts amps that people say don't need a boost, I actually don't feel like the amp needs a boost
I’ve got an Uber Ultra arriving today. I’ve got a Rev C Dual and a C+, how does the Uber compare to your Mesas?

Last edited:
Yo dtp!
I’ve got an Uber Ultra arriving today. I’ve got a Rev C Dual and a C+, how does the Uber compare to your Mesas?
Regards, Jeff
I've only had about 30 mins with it, but the Uber has a significantly more "brutal" mid voicing than either of the other two if were talking metal tones (just as previous Ubers did). Unlike older Ubers though, it can get tighter than either of the Mesas without a boost. It has a more "full" sound/fuller dynamics than a Recto/Mark.

Fwiw, clean channel on the MC 50 was not bad. I'd have that amp back again for the $2600 I paid. For what they go for now? Hellllllllll no.
The best clean sounds in those amps in on the drive side with the guitar volume rolled back. That is some magic sheeeeit going on right there. It’s also wild how you can run wide open and barely touch it and it’s crystal clear, then hit hard and it grinds. Agreed too re pricing but it is what it is and I’m not selling mine

The best clean sounds in those amps in on the drive side with the guitar volume rolled back. That is some magic sheeeeit going on right there. It’s also wild how you can run wide open and barely touch it and it’s crystal clear, then hit hard and it grinds. Agreed too re pricing but it is what it is and I’m not selling mine
I wouldn't either. Wish I hadn't, hindsight.
It's OK. SLO ain't no slouch.

I've only had about 30 mins with it, but the Uber has a significantly more "brutal" mid voicing than either of the other two if were talking metal tones (just as previous Ubers did). Unlike older Ubers though, it can get tighter than either of the Mesas without a boost. It has a more "full" sound/fuller dynamics than a Recto/Mark.
That's a bit deflating for me because I felt the Rev Blue I had was very neutral sounding, especially in the mids. I liked the amp boosted, but I imagined it was going to be a much more unique/aggressive/gnarly tone and was fairly underwhelmed. So if the Ultra doesn't differ significantly, especially in the midrange department, not sure it'd do anything for me.

How does it take boosts? Having an amp that you can plug straight into is great, but I've found I actually prefer amps that need a boost because then your not limited to that one tone/feel.

That's a bit deflating for me because I felt the Rev Blue I had was very neutral sounding, especially in the mids. I liked the amp boosted, but I imagined it was going to be a much more unique/aggressive/gnarly tone and was fairly underwhelmed. So if the Ultra doesn't differ significantly, especially in the midrange department, not sure it'd do anything for me.

How does it take boosts? Having an amp that you can plug straight into is great, but I've found I actually prefer amps that need a boost because then your not limited to that one tone/feel.
I agree I tend to like amps that need boost as well. I guess I should've clarified that the only time it might not "need" a boost is with the internal boost engaged and the metamorph set to tight. It certainly qualifies as extremely aggressive sounding though.

I've honestly only played through the amp for like 20-30 mins so far I'll have to get back to you when I get a little more time with it, but I also did not enjoy the rev blue and twin jets that I've briefly owned.

Wizard is the new Cameron or Larry! Except people actually get the amps they order within a few weeks.

Apparently there is a very high demand for these amps when it even takes a few weeks before you get one delivered? :unsure:

Maybe he should start working 72 hours a day so that in future he can deliver his amps within a week? 🤷‍♂️ :giggle:

The demand is certainly there. Rick just runs an efficient business. Being a skilled technician doesn't mean you have a clue about running a business. In Rick's case, he's highly competent in both areas.
I know that Rick is highly competent and I also appreciate him very much because he is one of the very few in the amp business who actually develops himself and not just copies from others to preach it with marginal changes as his own development.

I also believe you that he runs his business efficiently. Only how I run my business is and remains my own decision, not the decision of others.

I know that Rick is highly competent and I also appreciate him very much because he is one of the very few in the amp business who actually develops himself and not just copies from others to preach it with marginal changes as his own development.

I also believe you that he runs his business efficiently. Only how I run my business is and remains my own decision, not the decision of others.
I see this as a professional compliment from one hell of an amp builder to another. Glad to see some class here, thanks Larry.

Apparently there is a very high demand for these amps when it even takes a few weeks before you get one delivered? :unsure:

Maybe he should start working 72 hours a day so that in future he can deliver his amps within a week? 🤷‍♂️ :giggle:

Nobody is telling you how to run your business. I'm just stating facts. Rick delivered an amp to me 13 days after I ordered it last month. Current order was quoted at 2-3 weeks. Larry amps take years longer. Cameron doesn't deliver within any time frame.

Back