Soldano preamps

I love rack gear more than anything, who owns all the soldados are they legit for hard rock and metal ? I’m really intrigued by the caswell model too holy y

3 models: 77,X88r, x99r.
I have the X88r. It will indeed do hard rock and metal np.Idk about the 77,but I'm sure the 88 or 99 will.

Every SLO 100 have played sound great and could do metal easily. The slo has no fizz and is plenty tight...perfect for metal

IMG_0253.JPG

Righteous and stupendous.

I love rack gear more than anything, who owns all the soldados are they legit for hard rock and metal ? I’m really intrigued by the caswell model too holy y

I love the racks, and from Slodano my choice would be purple rackmount SLO 100 if you are enough lucky to find one. ( I know, this is full amp, not only preamp)

Soldanos are hard rock/ metal amps, and they are great for soloing or melodic stuff.

You can play brutal metal with any medium/ high gain amp with boost and with high output humbucker guitar.

Mine really sounds good. I use it for very specific tones (80s metal) but can have endless tones within. I do not have any pedals up front but do keep a Roland SDE3000 between the preamp and amp. I also use it as a dB boost which is nice as it can change on the fly for solos. There was a rack mounted head maybe 2-3 months ago? I posted it here and I recall it being about 4500 bucks. Sold quick. The rack stuff is uncommon so people want it. Had I not had my Caswell and SLO poweramp I would have considered offering on the rack head recently maybe but I’m gassing other shit now. The 77 version I cannot speak to.
In summary: I can’t imagine ever letting this combo go.. it’s really really nice for me

Attachments

• F084B712-EBCF-4A32-A601-95BF2ABE6E22.jpeg
    F084B712-EBCF-4A32-A601-95BF2ABE6E22.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Back